TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Maruti Suzuki has launched India's favourite hatchback, the 2018 Swift in India at Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Swift was unveiled globally in 2017 with a new design, modern interiors and now, the 2018 Mauri Swift is available with the Automated Manual Gearbox (AMT) in both the petrol and diesel models. The new Swift is launched with 12 models (6 in petrol and 6 in diesel). To have more clarity on what each of the variants has to offer, we bring you the new Maruti Swift 2018 variants in detail.
The all-new Swift is available in L, V, Z and Z+ variants. Both the petrol and diesel trims come with both a 5-speed manual as well as a 5-speed AMT gearbox options, but sadly the AMT option is not available in the feature-rich Z+ variant. Among the standard features of the new Swift are dual airbags at the front, ABS with EBD, brake assist and ISOFIX child seat anchorage.
Before we get into the details of the new Swift variants, here are the specifications of the hatchback. The 2018 Swift is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine which produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque, while the diesel engine is a 1.3-litre unit which develops 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both the petrol and the diesel models of the new Swift is available either with a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
New Maruti Swift 2018 LXi/ LDi (Rs 4.99 lakh-Rs 5.99 lakh)
- 5-speed manual gearbox
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD and brake assist
- Isofix child seat anchorage
- Engine immobiliser
- Body coloured bumpers
- 14-inch steel wheels
- 165/80 R14 tyres
- Manual AC with heater
- Amber backlit instrument cluster illumination
- Tilt adjust steering
- Internally adjustable outside rear view mirrors
- Remote boot and fuel lid opening
- Gear shift indicator
The base variant of the new Swift comes loaded with features for the price of Rs 4.99 lakh for the petrol and Rs 5.99 lakh for the diesel model. Compared to the outgoing model, the 2018 Swift is a lot safer with standard dual airbags and ABS with EBD.
New Maruti Swift 2018 VXi/ VDi (Rs 5.87 lakh-Rs 7.34 lakh)
- 5-speed manual gearbox/ AMT
- Security system
- Speed sensitive door locks
- Adjustable day-night inside rear view mirror
- Body coloured outside rear view mirrors with turn indicators
- Body coloured door handles
- White backlit instrument cluster illumination
- Outside temperature display (Only on AMT)
- Keyless entry
- Central locking system
- Power windows with automatic driver's side down function
- Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Four speaker Audio player with AM/FM/Bluetooth/AUX
- Remote keyless entry system
- Height adjustable driver's seat
- Adjustable front seat headrests
- Driver's side foot rest (Only on AMT)
- Rear parcel shelf
- Gear Shift Indicator (Only on MT)
The new Swift V variant is nearly Rs 90,000 (MT) and almost Rs 1.35 lakh (AMT) more than the base variant (L). Maruti is offering audio system, power windows, electrically adjustable outside rearview mirrors, central locking system and remote keyless entry system are some of the significant features which set it apart from the base variant.
New Maruti Swift 2018 ZXi/ ZDi (Rs 6.49 lakh-Rs 7.96 lakh)
- 5-speed manual gearbox/ AMT
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- 185/65 R15 tyres
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel cover
- Reverse parking sensors
- Two tweeters, Four speaker Audio player with AM/FM/Bluetooth/AUX
- Front fog lamps
- Smart key with push-button start
- Automatic climate control
- Electrically retractable outside rear view mirrors
- Rear defogger
- Rear wiper and washer
- Adjustable rear seat headrests
- 60:40 split rear seat
- Boot lamp
The Z variant of the new Swift is about Rs 70,000 more than the V variant for the petrol model with a manual gearbox, while the AMT variant is nearly Rs 60,000 more. As for the diesel models, the Z variant is close to Rs 60,000 for both the manual gearbox model and the AMT model over the V variant of the new Swift. For this price difference, the Z variant offers alloy wheels, 15-inch wheels, reverse parking sensors, fog lamps, push start/ stop button, automatic climate control, electrically foldable outside rear view mirrors among others.
New Maruti Swift 2018 ZXi+/ ZDi+ (Rs 7.27 lakh-Rs 8.29 lakh)
- 5-speed manual transmission
- 15-inch alloy wheels (dual tone finish)
- LED projector headlamps
- LED daytime running lamps
- Reverse parking camera
- Smartplay touchscreen infotainment system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto compatibility
- Auto headlamps with follow me home feature
The Z+ variant of the all-new Swift is the fully loaded model which is Rs 80,000 more than the Z variant for both petrol and diesel model. The ZXi+/ ZDi+ sorely misses out on the AMT gearbox feature but boasts of premium features such as LED projector headlamps and daytime running lights; it also comes with reverse parking camera and touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity features.
New Maruti Swift 2018 Diesel Price List
|LDI||Rs 5.99 lakh|
|VDI||Rs 6.87 lakh|
|VDI (AMT)||Rs 7.34 lakh|
|ZDI||Rs 7.49 lakh|
|ZDI (AMT)||Rs 7.96 lakh|
|ZDI+||Rs 8.29 lakh|
*Please Note All Prices Are ex-showroom
Thoughts About The New Maruti Swift 2018 Variants
Maruti Suzuki should have offered the AMT gearbox in the top-end Z+ variant, but that would have resulted in Rs 50,000 more for the AMT option, which will take the highest price close Rs 9 lakh. Maruti cannot afford to price the new Swift close to Rs 9 lakh for the top-spec variant which would have affected its Baleno sales.
That said, the best variant of the new Maruti Swift is arguably the Z variant which has a host of features along with the option of the AMT gearbox. For those of you looking to buy the new Swift with LED projector headlamps, touchscreen infotainment system, the top-spec Z+ variant is the best choice. Those looking to compromise on the look of the vehicle but want an AMT option; the V variant is the best among all the trims of the new Swift, especially the diesel model which offers a mileage of 28.4kmpl.