- 7 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 10 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 10 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Technology Amazon Accessories Sale: Offers On Nokia, pTron, Mi, Realme, And More Brand Accessories
- News From UK to UAE, list of countries that have suspended flights from India amid COVID-19 surge
- Movies Composer Shravan Rathod Of Nadeem-Shravan Fame Passes Away After Battling COVID-19
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs RR: Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Highlights
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been one of the top-selling cars in the market since its launch. The entry-level hatchback has recorded sales of over 35 lakh units.
According to Business Standard, the new generation Alto once launched in India is expected to meet the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP).
This programme assigns a star rating to every car sold in the country. These star ratings depend on the vehicles safety performance, based on extensive testing.
Apart from the safety performance, the Indian government has also set a 2020 deadline for the shift to BS-IV emission norms.
The current generation Alto fails to meet both the updated norms set by the government. However, the new Alto hatchback, once launched is expected to meet both these regulations.
The all-new Indian-spec Alto will come with a different design than the current model on sale. The design of the new Alto is expected to borrow certain cues from that sold in the Japanese domestic market.
Reports also suggest that the new Alto will take design inspiration from the Concept Future S. The Concept Future S was first showcased in India at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Apart from the new design, the all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto will also come with an extended range of features. Equipment list on the all-new Alto might include a touchscreen infotainment system, electric power windows and also electric ORVMs.
However features like driver side airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors will come as standard, as part of the Safety Assessment Programme.
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to carry forward the same 1.0-litre engine as on the current Alto K10 model. This 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol unit produces 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to the standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki has started to revamp its entire product line-up in the country. Apart from the launch of the all-new Alto, the company will also launch the updated version of the Ciaz.
Maruti Suzuki has also lined up the launch of the new generation Ertiga MPV during the festive season this year. The launch of the new WagonR is also in the pipeline.