- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 18 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Direct link to check FMGE Result 2019
- Technology Elon Musk Plans To Populate Mars By Sending One Million People By 2050
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been one of the top-selling cars in the market since its launch. The entry-level hatchback has recorded sales of over 35 lakh units.
According to Business Standard, the new generation Alto once launched in India is expected to meet the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP).
This programme assigns a star rating to every car sold in the country. These star ratings depend on the vehicles safety performance, based on extensive testing.
Apart from the safety performance, the Indian government has also set a 2020 deadline for the shift to BS-IV emission norms.
The current generation Alto fails to meet both the updated norms set by the government. However, the new Alto hatchback, once launched is expected to meet both these regulations.
The all-new Indian-spec Alto will come with a different design than the current model on sale. The design of the new Alto is expected to borrow certain cues from that sold in the Japanese domestic market.
Reports also suggest that the new Alto will take design inspiration from the Concept Future S. The Concept Future S was first showcased in India at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Apart from the new design, the all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto will also come with an extended range of features. Equipment list on the all-new Alto might include a touchscreen infotainment system, electric power windows and also electric ORVMs.
However features like driver side airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors will come as standard, as part of the Safety Assessment Programme.
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to carry forward the same 1.0-litre engine as on the current Alto K10 model. This 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol unit produces 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to the standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki has started to revamp its entire product line-up in the country. Apart from the launch of the all-new Alto, the company will also launch the updated version of the Ciaz.
Maruti Suzuki has also lined up the launch of the new generation Ertiga MPV during the festive season this year. The launch of the new WagonR is also in the pipeline.