- Sports IPL 2021 Final CSK vs KKR: Full List of Award Winners, Player of the Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- News Sidhu withdraws resignation after meeting Rahul Gandhi
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 15 Highlights: Shamita Shetty Gets Into A Heated Argument With Afsana Khan
- Technology iQOO Z5x Latest Official Teaser Confirms Dimensity 900 SoC; Other Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Baking For Mental Health: Does It Help? What Are The Benefits?
- Finance 5 Top Auto Ancillary Multibaggers Of The Last 1-year
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
- Travel Navratri Weekend Getaways In And Around Bangalore
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been one of the top-selling cars in the market since its launch. The entry-level hatchback has recorded sales of over 35 lakh units.
According to Business Standard, the new generation Alto once launched in India is expected to meet the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP).
This programme assigns a star rating to every car sold in the country. These star ratings depend on the vehicles safety performance, based on extensive testing.
Apart from the safety performance, the Indian government has also set a 2020 deadline for the shift to BS-IV emission norms.
The current generation Alto fails to meet both the updated norms set by the government. However, the new Alto hatchback, once launched is expected to meet both these regulations.
The all-new Indian-spec Alto will come with a different design than the current model on sale. The design of the new Alto is expected to borrow certain cues from that sold in the Japanese domestic market.
Reports also suggest that the new Alto will take design inspiration from the Concept Future S. The Concept Future S was first showcased in India at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Apart from the new design, the all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto will also come with an extended range of features. Equipment list on the all-new Alto might include a touchscreen infotainment system, electric power windows and also electric ORVMs.
However features like driver side airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors will come as standard, as part of the Safety Assessment Programme.
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to carry forward the same 1.0-litre engine as on the current Alto K10 model. This 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol unit produces 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to the standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki has started to revamp its entire product line-up in the country. Apart from the launch of the all-new Alto, the company will also launch the updated version of the Ciaz.
Maruti Suzuki has also lined up the launch of the new generation Ertiga MPV during the festive season this year. The launch of the new WagonR is also in the pipeline.