- 27 min ago Volkswagen Golf GTI Hot Hatchback’s India Launch Being Considered
- 1 hr ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Cross The 15,000 Units Sales Mark In Just 10 Months
- 3 hrs ago MG eZS SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Will Rival Hyundai Kona EV
- 3 hrs ago New Renault Duster BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Movies Yash & Radhika Pandit Head Out To Shop Toys For Ayra; Actress Says Life Has Changed As A Parent!
- Technology Apple iPhone 11 Pre-Orders Starts From September 20 Via Flipkart In India
- News TV show helps Parents reunite with missing son in WB
- Finance What Is PAN Verification? How It Can Be Done?
- Sports China Open 2019: Sindhu advances after easy win over Li Xuerui, Saina crashes out
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy Gives An Ethnic Wear Goal To Ladies Who Want To Play With The Colour Brown
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been one of the top-selling cars in the market since its launch. The entry-level hatchback has recorded sales of over 35 lakh units.
According to Business Standard, the new generation Alto once launched in India is expected to meet the Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP).
This programme assigns a star rating to every car sold in the country. These star ratings depend on the vehicles safety performance, based on extensive testing.
Apart from the safety performance, the Indian government has also set a 2020 deadline for the shift to BS-IV emission norms.
The current generation Alto fails to meet both the updated norms set by the government. However, the new Alto hatchback, once launched is expected to meet both these regulations.
The all-new Indian-spec Alto will come with a different design than the current model on sale. The design of the new Alto is expected to borrow certain cues from that sold in the Japanese domestic market.
Reports also suggest that the new Alto will take design inspiration from the Concept Future S. The Concept Future S was first showcased in India at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Apart from the new design, the all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto will also come with an extended range of features. Equipment list on the all-new Alto might include a touchscreen infotainment system, electric power windows and also electric ORVMs.
However features like driver side airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors will come as standard, as part of the Safety Assessment Programme.
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to carry forward the same 1.0-litre engine as on the current Alto K10 model. This 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol unit produces 67bhp and 91Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to the standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Suzuki Alto
Maruti Suzuki has started to revamp its entire product line-up in the country. Apart from the launch of the all-new Alto, the company will also launch the updated version of the Ciaz.
Maruti Suzuki has also lined up the launch of the new generation Ertiga MPV during the festive season this year. The launch of the new WagonR is also in the pipeline.