TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is readying its Renault Kwid rival. The Indo-Japanese company is set to reveal their new generation small car at the 2018 Auto Expo to be held in February.
Maruti has teased the design language of the upcoming compact car revealing a SUVish body style and is expected to be feature rich and spacious. The teaser was released today and Maruti is calling it the Future-S.
The upcoming compact SUV will be positioned below the popular Vitara Brezza and "That's where we feel the market is evolving" says C.V Raman, Sr. Executive Director (Engineering) of Maruti Suzuki.
He added, "But, we have to see how much lower we can go below the Brezza, and this is something we are experimenting with in terms of proportions and design. But, it's always a challenge to do this in the compact segment".
The Renault Kwid has gained a commendable market share in the small car segment. Much of its popularity it enjoys is because of its feature-rich interiors at a competitive price. Above all the Kwid's SUVish design language has earned the reputation among car buyers in India.
Maruti Suzuki wants to address the SUV trend in India, and the teaser of the Future-S reveals a body style that of a small Brezza. The new Maruti car is expected to replace the ageing Maruti Alto, although it continues to be the best-selling car in India.
We expect Maruti Suzuki to launch the car in 2019 and the new Maruti car will be locally developed and localised to keep the price of the vehicle at the lowest as well as to offer excellent fuel efficiency and performance. We expect the new Maruti small car will be spacious and feature-rich as well as a new engine to offer optimal performance.
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch three new cars this year along with the new-generation Swift hatchback. The other three cars are the new WagonR, Eritga facelift and the Ciaz facelift. With the new Concept Future S, Maruti will move to the next level of feature-rich vehicles for the country. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you complete coverage of the 2018 Auto Expo to be held in Delhi.