- 5 min ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Technology Google Search's new avatar might be bad news for bloggers
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
India's leading automaker Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Ertiga in the country. The company has been testing the updated MPV on Indian roads for quite some time. Now, Autocar India reports that the new Maruti Ertiga 2018 will be launched in India on November 21, 2018.
The new Maruti Ertiga will feature a more premium and upmarket design and will be bigger and spacious than the outgoing model. The new Maruti Ertiga facelift was first unveiled at the Indonesia International Motor Show 2018. The new Maruti Ertiga is already sold in several global markets.
On the design front, the new Maruti Ertiga features a new front end with redesigned front grille, LED projector headlamps with DRLs, fog lamps and newly designed sporty bumper. The side profile now features a floating roof design. The rear end of the MPV gets vertically stacked wraparound tail light cluster.
The new Maruti Ertiga is based on the new HEARTECT platform which also underpins the new Maruti Swift. The new Maruti Ertiga will be lighter and agile as the new platform is light as compared to the old platform. Expect a slight increase in the mileage due to the weight reduction.
The interior of the new Maruti Ertiga will be premium with all the bells and whistles. The new Maruti Ertiga will be equipped with a new 6.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The cabin will also feature premium seat upholstery with the beige colour theme.
The new Maruti Ertiga will draw power from a new 1.5-litre petrol engine with SHVS mild hybrid technology. The new engine produces 103bhp and 138Nm of torque and will be mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The new petrol unit made its debut with the recently launched new Ciaz.
The diesel variant of the new Ertiga will draw power from the existing 1.3-litre engine that produces 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The new Ertiga will come with standard safety features such as dual airbags, ABS, EBD and reverse parking sensor.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Ertiga in the Indian market with a new design and a host of new features. The prominent highlight of the new Maruti Ertiga is the new petrol engine with mild hybrid technology. The new Ertiga is expected to be launched with a starting price of around Rs 7 lakh ex-showroom.