- 3 min ago Techno Electra Launches Three New Electric Scooters In India — Prices Start From Rs 42,000
- 15 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 16 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 17 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- Lifestyle Amla: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro New Firmware Update Brings Google’s Security Patch
- Sports Will walk my dog on beach to get rid of World Cup final trauma, says Trent Boult on returning home
- Finance Allahabad Bank Reports Fraud Worth Rs 688 Crore By SEL Manufacturing
- Movies Dharmendra APOLOGIZES To Wife Hema Malini After Trolling Her: 'Humka Maafi De Diyo'
- News Mandela Day 2019: A day to honour one of the greatest anti-Apartheid icons
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Ertiga facelift in the Indian market on November 21, 2018. Ahead of that, unofficial bookings are open for the new Ertiga. One of the Maruti Suzuki dealers in Mumbai has confirmed to DriveSpark that the new Ertiga can be booked by making an advanced payment of Rs 11,000.
The dealer also stated that the booking amount will be completely refunded if the customer cancels the booking after the launch of the new Ertiga. Maruti Suzuki has already commenced the production of the new Ertiga and the India-spec model is identical to the Indonesia-spec model that was unveiled earlier this year.
On the design front, the new Maruti Ertiga gets a revamped front end with redesigned grille, LED projector headlights, LED DRLs, fog lamps and muscular bumper. The side profile features a floating roof design and the rear end features a newly designed wraparound tail light cluster.
The new Maruti Ertiga is based on the HEARTECT platform that also underpins the new Maruti Swift and the Baleno. The new Maruti Ertiga will be lighter and agile than the outgoing model. The decrease in the overall weight of the MPV should result in improved mileage.
The interior of the new Maruti Ertiga will be premium and upmarket and will be equipped with all the bells and whistles. The new Ertiga is likely to feature a touchscreen infotainment system with connectivity options and premium seat upholstery with the dual-tone black/beige colour theme on the dashboard, seats and door trims.
Powering the petrol variant of the new Ertiga is a 1.5-litre engine that made its debut with the new Ciaz. The new petrol unit produces 103bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The diesel version of the new Maruti Ertiga will utilise the existing 1.3-litre engine that is tuned to produce 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Both the petrol and diesel engine will feature SHVS mild-hybrid technology that will enhance the mileage.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new Ertiga in the Indian market and the MPV will hit the Indian roads in November 2018. The new Ertiga is one of the most important product for Maruti Suzuki as the MPV will get its first update since its inception. The new Maruti Ertiga will rival the likes of Toyota Innova Crysta, Mahindra Marazzo and the Renault Lodgy.