TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the Ciaz facelift in the Indian market and ahead of that the updated C-segment sedan has been teased. The 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift has been teased in a new TVC that reveals the front end of the facelifted avatar of the premium sedan.
A report from TOI reveals that the new Maruti Ciaz will be launched in the Indian market in the middle of August. The launch has been delayed due to the previous launch date clashing with the launch of a car from one of the rivals of Maruti Suzuki.
The new promotional TVC of the Nexa reveals the sharper headlamps with integrated sleek LED daytime running lights and the front grille gets honeycomb treatment. The teaser suggests that the new Maruti Ciaz does not get any major updates to the exterior design. The rear profile of the Ciaz might also get the same treatment.
The major update comes in the form of a new petrol engine. Yes, the 2018 Maruti Ciaz facelift is likely to get an all-new 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine that produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine will be paired to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
The new petrol engine will be also equipped with SHVS (Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System) micro-hybrid technology. The diesel version of the facelifted Ciaz will draw from the existing 1.3-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine will be paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The bookings for the new 2018 Maruti Ciaz is likely to begin soon and the pricing of the sedan is expected to remain same as the currently sold model. The new Ciaz does not feature any major updates and as a result, Maruti Suzuki might retail the updated sedan with the same price.
Thoughts On The 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift
The 2018 Maruti Ciaz has been teased for the first time in a TVC and it reveals the new design elements of the sedan. The new Ciaz gets only subtle updates to the exterior design. Another major update will be the new petrol engine which also gets mild-hybrid technology. The new Maruti Ciaz will rival the likes of Honda City, Toyota Yaris, Skoda Rapid, Hyundai Verna and Volkswagen Vento.