TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Now, according to Times Of India, the new Maruti Ciaz facelift launch is scheduled for August 2018.
Bookings for the Ciaz facelift are expected to commence from July 2018.The most significant change in the facelifted Ciaz is an all-new diesel engine.
Currently, the Maruti Ciaz is available with 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel unit.
The Fiat sourced 1.3-litre diesel engine powers most of Maruti's vehicles; however, this engine will be discontinued.
The carmaker will employ an in-house Suzuki-developed 1.5-litre diesel engine. Reports also suggest the petrol engine will be upgraded to 1.5-litre.
Visually, the new Ciaz facelift will receive restyling to its front and rear along with subtle changes to the interior.
The current Maruti Ciaz price ranges from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, while the prices of the new Maruti Ciaz facelift is expected to be "different from the current pricing."
While the SUV segment is witnessing a surge in popularity in recent times, the sedan segment seemed to have taken lost its charm.
Carmakers in India are still positive about the future of sedans with Honda and Hyundai launching the refreshed version of the City and the Verna respectively.
The Ciaz has not received any significant upgrade since it was launched in 2014. The new facelifted Ciaz is expected to offer stiff competition to its rivals upon launch.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The New Maruti Ciaz Facelift Launch
Toyota is all set to launch the Yaris, while Honda and Hyundai have refreshed the City and the Verna.
Both the City and the Verna boast of powerful engines, while the Ciaz lacked the combination of a powerful engine and features.
Now that Maruti Suzuki has decided to employ new 1.5-litre engines, the Ciaz facelift is expected to take back the lead in the midsize sedan segment.