TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the facelifted Ciaz sedan in the country. Now, a report from GaadiWaadi states that the new Maruti Ciaz will be launched in India in October 2018, when the festive season begins in the country.
The new Maruti Ciaz facelift is expected to feature subtle changes to the exterior design. Maruti Suzuki has been testing the facelifted Ciaz for quite some time on Indian roads. The new Maruti Ciaz will feature a revised bumper, a new grille and newly designed centre air dam.
The side profile of the facelifted Maruti Ciaz is likely to get newly designed 16-inch alloy wheels. The rear profile of the sedan might feature a revamped bumper, a new tail light cluster and new tailgate design. The updates will be minor as compared to the current-gen model.
On the mechanical front, the new Maruti Ciaz facelift will draw power from a new 1.5-litre petrol engine. The new engine will produce an improved power output of around 103.2bhp and 138.4Nm of torque. The 1.4-litre petrol engine produces 91bhp and 130Nm of torque.
Maruti Suzuki is also expected to replace the 1.3-litre diesel engine with the newly developed 1.5-litre unit at a later phase. The 1.3-litre diesel engine produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The transmission options include a 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic gearbox on the petrol variant and the diesel engine gets a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The interior of the new Maruti facelift is expected to feature more upmarket dashboard and seat upholstery and several new features. The new Ciaz might get an electric sunroof, additional safety features, improved material on the cabin and improved comfort levels.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ciaz Facelift
Maruti Suzuki is all set to up its ante in the sedan segment by introducing the new Ciaz facelift. Apart from the new Ciaz, Maruti Suzuki will also launch the new 2018 Ertiga which was recently revealed.
The new Maruti Ciaz is expected to be priced between Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh ex-showroom and will rival the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid.