- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jeep has unveiled their latest 2020 Gladiator pick-up at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Jeep Gladiator is based on the five-door Wrangler and will be manufactured at the company's Toledo plant, Ohio (USA).
The new Jeep Gladiator comes with a ladder-on-frame chassis while also using high strength aluminium parts, similar to the Wrangler. These parts include the doors, hinges, hood, tailgate and the windshield frame and fenders. The Gladiator also features a massive five-foot-long steel bed to carry cargo.
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is available in a range of four variants - Sport, Sport S, Overland and Rubicon. The four trims are further available in either a hard-top or soft-top variants.
Inside, the Jeep Gladiator comes with a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system and another seven-inch central display (an eight-inch display comes optional). It also gets a 3.5-inch digital instrument cluster.
Apart from the above equipment, the Gladiator is expected to come with more than 80 active and safety features, including a blind-spot monitoring system, rear cross path detection, forward facing off-road camera, adaptive cruise control and electronic stability control.
The Jeep Gladiator offers an impressive payload capacity of 726kg. The massive pick-up will be powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 256bhp and 600Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
However, the Gladiator displayed at the event, featured a larger 3.6-litre V6 Pentastar petrol engine producing 281bhp and 353Nm of torque. The engine was further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. An optional eight-speed automatic will also be available.
Both engine options on the Jeep Gladiator will come with a full-time four-wheel drive system with torque management. The Sport and Overland variants come equipped with a two-speed transfer case with a low gear ratio while the Gladiator Rubicon offers a Rock-Trac 4X4 system. The top-spec Rubicon also comes with improved suspension travel and an electronic sway-bar disconnect.
Thoughts On The 2020 Jeep Gladiator
The Jeep Gladiator is the top of the range pick-up in the company's line-up. The brand has no plans of bringing the Gladiator to India, as of now. Jeep is currently preparing to introduce a new variant of the Compass (Trailhawk), the new Wrangler and an all-new compact SUV in the Indian market.