TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Hyundai is all set to reveal the new Santro hatchback in the Indian market on October 9, 2018, and it will be followed by the launch on October 26, 2018. The new hatchback is expected to retain the Hyundai Santro moniker as the brand name received the highest number of votes in the naming campaign.
Now, Cartoq has revealed the technical details of the new Hyundai Santro. According to the report, the new Santro will be offered in five variants: Era, Magna, Sportz, Sportz (O) and Asta. The prices for the new Santro is likely to start from Rs 3.5 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with standard safety features such as ABS and EBD while the dual front airbags will be on offer from the Magna trim. The Magna variant of the new Santro will also feature steering mounted audio controls.
The new Santro will come with segment-first features such as rear AC vents and a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new Santo will also get alloy wheels which will be offered from the Sportz (O) trim and the lower variants will get steel wheels.
The upcoming new Santro will draw power from an all-new 1.1-litre four-cylinder, petrol engine. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and the hatchback will also get a 5-speed AMT gearbox. The Santro will be the first Hyundai car to get an AMT gearbox.
The report also states that the bookings for the new Hyundai Santro will commence from early October 2018. Initially, the Santro will be retailed alongside the Eon hatchback and later the Eon will be discontinued as the Santro will be the new entry-level hatchback.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
Hyundai is gearing up for the launch of the new Santro and the upcoming hatchback will come with segment-first features. The new Santro will be a crucial product for Hyundai in India as the iconic brand name will make its comeback. The new Hyundai Santro will rival the likes of Maruti Celerio and Tata Tiago.