- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The all-new Hyundai Santro has been received well in the Indian market since its launch in October 2018. Now, Hyundai has announced that the new Santro has received over 38,500 bookings from over 2.11 lakh enquiries.
In order to meet the growing demands of the Santro, Hyundai has decided to ramp up production of the car from 7,500 to 10,000 units per month. Currently, the Hyundai Santro demands a waiting time of up to four months, which is expected to reduce.
Y K Koo, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Limited stated, "The all-new Santro is a true expression of Hyundai brand in India. The modern stylish tall boy design, new age technology, comfortable and premium cabin, all around safety and performance of the new Santro has won the aspirations of Indian customers making it a trendsetter product. We are overwhelmed with the positive customer response and strong appreciation of the all-new Santro."
The all-new Hyundai Santro was launched in the Indian market a couple of months back at an introductory price of Rs 3.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The introductory prices are expected to be offered for the first 50,000 customers, before a small price hike.
The new Hyundai Santro comes with a completely fresh design, following the brand's fluidic styling. The new Santro also features a number of features, many of which are segment firsts.
In terms of features, the new Hyundai Santro comes with impact sensing auto door unlock, speed sensing auto door lock, rear parking sensor and camera, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat mounts, pedestrian safety norms and a seat-belt reminder among a host of others.
The all-new Hyundai Santro is powered by a single engine option, a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 68bhp and 99Nm of torque. The petrol engine also comes with a CNG variant, which produces 58bhp and 89Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox while an AMT transmission is also an optional availability.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro Bookings
The Hyundai Santro is among the most popular names in the small car segment of India. The tall boy design and the segment-first features, further help attract more customers towards the hatchback. The Santro rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago and the Maruti Suzuki WagonR.