- 56 min ago Bajaj Pulsar 125 Split Seat Prices Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Costs Around Rs 83,400
- 2 hrs ago Fine For Riding Without Registration: Honda Activa Rider Asked To Pay Rs 1 Lakh In Fines
- 2 hrs ago TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 62,995
- 2 hrs ago Top Selling SUVs In India For August 2019: Kia Seltos Enters The Top-3 While Hyundai Venue Leads
- Movies IIFA Awards 2019: Here's Why 'Raazi', 'Padmaavat' & 'AndhaDhun' Deserved The Big Win!
- Lifestyle IIFA Awards 2019: Sara Ali, Swara Bhasker And Urvashi Rautela’s High Buns Steal The Show
- Finance SBI Suspends Its Repo Linked Home Loan Product
- News Corpse found in actor Nagarjuna's farmhouse, investigation on
- Sports China Open 2019: PV Sindhu crashes out early
- Technology Redmi 8A India Launch Date Set For September 25
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Hyundai is all set to launch the new Santro in the Indian market in October 2018. Hyundai has been testing the new Santro for quite some time on Indian roads and the car is set to be unveiled on October 9, 2018. The new Hyundai Santo will feature a new design language to take on its modern rivals.
So, what are the major differences between the new Hyundai Santro 2018 and the old Santro? Let's find out in this comparison between the new Santro and the old Santro.
The new Hyundai Santro will retain the signature tall-boy design which was one of the main highlights of the old Santro. The new Santro will also feature Hyundai's cascading grille up front, which gives the hatchback a premium look. Apart from that, the new Santro is expected to get LED DRLs, at least on the top-spec trims.
The new Hyundai Santro will also feature alloy wheels on the top-spec variants while the entry-level model will get steel wheels. Overall, the design of the new Santro will be premium and upmarket as compared to the old Santro.
The interior of the new Hyundai Santro will feature a dual-tone theme similar to the Grand i10. The new hatchback will also feature upmarket seat upholstery which will look premium as compared to the old Santro.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with segment-first features such as a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and rear AC vents. The new avatar of the Santro will also get steering mounted audio controls.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS and EBD. The top-spec trims of the hatchback might also get rear parking sensors.
Engine And Gearbox
The new Hyundai Santro will draw power from a new 1.1-litre four-cylinder, petrol engine. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and Hyundai will also offer a 5-speed AMT gearbox. The Santro will be the first Hyundai car to feature an AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
The new Hyundai Santro will be a crucial product for the South Korean automaker in the Indian market. The new Santro will sport an all-new design and premium features as compared to the old Santro. Expect the prices for the new Santro to start from Rs 3.5-4 lakh. The new Santro will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and Maruti Celerio.