- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Hyundai is all set to launch the new Santro in the Indian market in October 2018. Hyundai has been testing the new Santro for quite some time on Indian roads and the car is set to be unveiled on October 9, 2018. The new Hyundai Santo will feature a new design language to take on its modern rivals.
So, what are the major differences between the new Hyundai Santro 2018 and the old Santro? Let's find out in this comparison between the new Santro and the old Santro.
The new Hyundai Santro will retain the signature tall-boy design which was one of the main highlights of the old Santro. The new Santro will also feature Hyundai's cascading grille up front, which gives the hatchback a premium look. Apart from that, the new Santro is expected to get LED DRLs, at least on the top-spec trims.
The new Hyundai Santro will also feature alloy wheels on the top-spec variants while the entry-level model will get steel wheels. Overall, the design of the new Santro will be premium and upmarket as compared to the old Santro.
The interior of the new Hyundai Santro will feature a dual-tone theme similar to the Grand i10. The new hatchback will also feature upmarket seat upholstery which will look premium as compared to the old Santro.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with segment-first features such as a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and rear AC vents. The new avatar of the Santro will also get steering mounted audio controls.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS and EBD. The top-spec trims of the hatchback might also get rear parking sensors.
Engine And Gearbox
The new Hyundai Santro will draw power from a new 1.1-litre four-cylinder, petrol engine. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and Hyundai will also offer a 5-speed AMT gearbox. The Santro will be the first Hyundai car to feature an AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
The new Hyundai Santro will be a crucial product for the South Korean automaker in the Indian market. The new Santro will sport an all-new design and premium features as compared to the old Santro. Expect the prices for the new Santro to start from Rs 3.5-4 lakh. The new Santro will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and Maruti Celerio.