- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 7 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Sports Tata Open Maharashtra: 30 ball kids selected to participate in the third edition
- News Controversy over birthplace of Saibaba resolved after Uddhav Thackeray hold meeting
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam To Sing A Special Track For Puneeth Rajkumar’s Maya Bazaar
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Hyundai is working on introducing its third-generation i20 premium hatchback sometime around 2020. According to Autocar India, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to come with improved refinement as well as a host of additional features and equipment.
Hyundai first introduced the i20 in the country sometime in 2012. The second-generation i20, currently on sale in India was later launched in 2014 and received a mild facelift in 2017.
The new-generation Hyundai i20 is expected to come with the same engine options as seen on their current model. However, these engines will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
Currently, the Hyundai i20 Elite uses two powertrains: a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. The petrol version power unit produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 90bhp and 220Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the optional CVT transmission available for the petrol version only.
The current generation Hyundai i20 already comes loaded with a host of features and equipment. Although, the new model in 2020 can be expected with further additional features as well.
Standard features on the current-generation Hyundai i20: projector headlamps, LED DRL, cornering lights, electronically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, multi-function steering wheel and 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
Other safety features also include six airbags (top-spec), ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors with camera, impact-sensing door lock/unlock, central locking, engine immobiliser and ISOFIX.
Thoughts On The New-Generation Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 takes on direct rivals such as the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The new-generation model will also take on competition from the upcoming Tata 45X premium hatchback. The Hyundai i20 currently comes with a price tag starting at Rs 5.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).