- 18 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Sports TNPL 2019: Madurai Panthers vs Dindigul Dragons: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled For Smoking; Trolls Ask Asthma Sirf Diwali Mein Hota Hai?
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Hyundai is working on introducing its third-generation i20 premium hatchback sometime around 2020. According to Autocar India, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to come with improved refinement as well as a host of additional features and equipment.
Hyundai first introduced the i20 in the country sometime in 2012. The second-generation i20, currently on sale in India was later launched in 2014 and received a mild facelift in 2017.
The new-generation Hyundai i20 is expected to come with the same engine options as seen on their current model. However, these engines will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
Currently, the Hyundai i20 Elite uses two powertrains: a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. The petrol version power unit produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 90bhp and 220Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the optional CVT transmission available for the petrol version only.
The current generation Hyundai i20 already comes loaded with a host of features and equipment. Although, the new model in 2020 can be expected with further additional features as well.
Standard features on the current-generation Hyundai i20: projector headlamps, LED DRL, cornering lights, electronically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, multi-function steering wheel and 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
Other safety features also include six airbags (top-spec), ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors with camera, impact-sensing door lock/unlock, central locking, engine immobiliser and ISOFIX.
Thoughts On The New-Generation Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 takes on direct rivals such as the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The new-generation model will also take on competition from the upcoming Tata 45X premium hatchback. The Hyundai i20 currently comes with a price tag starting at Rs 5.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).