- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 9 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 10 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The new 2019 Hyundai Elantra has been spied testing in India for the first time. The sixth-generation Elantra sedan will receive a mild mid-lifecycle update and is expected to go on sale in India, in the early parts of 2019.
As seen from the spy images from IAB, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra comes with a sharper and more aggressive design. Hyundai has brought in a number of design updates to the sedan including the front and rear bumpers, front grille, bonnet, along with the headlamps and tail lights.
Starting with the front, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra will feature an updated cascading grille, LED headlamps and separately positioned turn indicators above the fog lamps. The side profile of the car now features a new set of alloys, with the option of either 15, 16 or 17-inch wheels.
The rear also comes with its set of updates, which include newly designed LED tail lights. Most of the updates will be on the exteriors, with the interior cabin getting little to no changes.
The refreshed 2019 Hyundai Elantra will also carry forward the same engine options as available on the current model on sale. This includes both a petrol and diesel power unit. The petrol variant is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 150bhp and 192Nm of torque.
The diesel variant, on the other hand, is powered by a 1.6-litre four-cylinder unit churning out 126bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are further mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
In terms of features, the 2019 Hyundai Elantra could come with certain additional features and equipment to make it more attractive to buyers. However, the list of new features is yet to be confirmed closer to the launch. Although, Hyundai is expected to add the high-speed alert system on the Elantra, as part of the mandatory rule in 2019.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Hyundai Elantra
The Hyundai Elantra is all set to receive its mid-cycle facelift. The new Hyundai Elantra once launched in India will come with a sharper and more aggressive look than before and will feature a number of updates and changes compared to the current model. The Hyundai Elantra in India will rival the likes of the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic sedan.