TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
The new 2019 Honda Civic has been spied testing in India for the first time. The new Honda Civic spied testing, is expected to launch in the Indian market by February 2019.
The international model, currently in its tenth-generation iteration received a mild mid-cycle update in August this year. The sedan will come to India along with the new updates which include smoked headlamps, gloss black accents on the front grille, C-shaped chrome elements around the front fog lamps and a front bumper with full-width diffusers.
The side profile offers a set of large alloy wheels, along with sharp creases which add a sporty touch. The rear of the sedan features sporty LED tail lights and other chrome elements on the rear bumpers as well.
Inside, the new Honda Civic features a new seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, among a host of other equipment in the feature-packed and spacious cabin.
Engine options for the new upcoming 2019 Honda Civic will include a 1.8-litre i-VTEC and 1.6-litre i-DTEC units. The 1.8-litre petrol is said to produce 140bhp and 174Nm of torque while the 1.6-litre diesel churns out 120bhp and 300Nm of torque.
The petrol variant will come mated to a standard CVT gearbox, without a manual gearbox option. The diesel variant, on the other hand, comes with a choice of either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Honda is aiming to localise assembly of the model in India. The new Civic will be imported into the country from its plant in Thailand, as a CKD unit.
Thoughts On The Upcoming 2019 Honda Civic
Honda is all set to bring back the Civic nameplate in the country. The D-segment sedan offering from Honda is expected to bring in a lot of updates and features, in order to attract more customers, especially owners of the previous Civic model in the country. Once launched in India, the 2019 Honda Civic will rival the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla Altis.
Image Courtesy: IAB