TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
New Honda Brio revealed: Honda has unveiled the new second-gen Brio hatchback at the GIIAS 2018 (Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show) in Jakarta. The new Honda Brio is based on the Honda Small RS concept which was showcased at the 2018 Indonesia International Motor Show.
The overall design of the second generation Honda Brio is similar to the small RS concept model. Honda has showcased the new Brio in two variants: the standard model and the Brio RS. The new Honda Brio features a prominent chrome grille that integrates with the headlamps.
The front fascia of the new Honda Brio is similar to the Mobilio MPV facelift sold in the Indonesian market. On the side profile, the new Brio gets larger rear doors and longer rear overhang. The rear end of the second-gen Brio gets a full tailgate as opposed to the glass hatch on the outgoing model.
The new Honda Brio RS is a sporty version of the hatchback with some distinct design elements. The new Honda Brio RS features a blacked out front grille, sporty alloy wheels and an aggressively designed rear bumper. We expect the Brio RS to get a more powerful engine.
Honda is yet to reveal the technical specifications of the new Brio hatchback. The Indonesia-spec first-gen Honda Brio features a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 88bhp and 110Nm of torque. We will update the power figures of the new Brio as and when Honda reveals the specifications.
Honda is unlikely to bring the new second-gen Brio to the Indian market as the first-gen model did not deliver the expected results. Bu the new Brio looks refreshing and could be an interesting product for the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Honda Brio
Honda has revealed the second-gen Brio with an all-new design language which is similar to the new Amaze. The Brio RS is a sporty avatar of the hatchback with some distinct design elements. Overall, the new Brio is a better-looking car when compared to the first-gen model. Stay tuned to DriveSpark, as we will bring more updates from the GIIAS 2018.