TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Lexus has announced that they will be launching their latest-generation ES 300h sedan in our country in August this year. This report was confirmed by some sources in Autocar India.
The ES 300h made its global debut earlier this year in April. The car is built on Lexus' front-wheel-drive Global Architecture-K, which is a derivative of parent company Toyota's TNGA platform.
Lexus entered the Indian market late compared to its other rivals, but the carmaker is now aiming to grow fast on our shores. The brand is also expecting to see a greater sales number in coming days as the demands for the luxury cars are growing fast.
In terms of looks, the ES 300h features the same spindle grille but, bigger in size. On the front, The headlights are big and have a sharp look. The rear features a neatly sculpted boot and slickly detailed LED tail lamps.
Step inside the car and you will notice that the ES looks way more modern than its predecessor. The car also features a 12.3-inch infotainment system that can be operated via a touchpad and voice-recognition tech with a Mark Levinson 19 speaker sound system. Overall, the car feels very roomy from inside.
Some of the features that the ES's predecessor did not have are power-recline rear seats. Also new to the ES will be the option to slide the front passenger seat forward via a button on the B-pillar to free-up legroom at the back.
Powering the ES 300h hybrid is a new 2.5-litre petrol engine that claims a power output of around 216 bhp when combined with the electric motor.
Like the earlier model, the new ES 300h will be a complete import into India as a CBU from Japan. The car might be priced at or more than Rs 60 lakh ex-showroom (pan India). Moreover, the car will go up against the likes of the BMW 5-series and Mercedes-Benz E-class.