- 1 hr ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 2 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- 4 hrs ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 16: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Remains Stable
- Sports World Cup head-to-head: Australia have beaten Pakistan 5 times, lost 4 games
- Finance No GST On Products Bought At Duty-Free Stores: Allahabad High Court
- News PM Modi to meet President at 8 pm, stake claim to form new govt
- Technology Win Infinix S4 for just Re1 with Flipkart’s answer and win contest
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New-Generation BMW X4 showcased at 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
While the new BMW X4 images were revealed earlier, this is the first time the 2019 BMW X4 made its public debut.
The new X4 SUV retains its coupe-themed design while it shares its features and underpinnings of the new-generation BMW X3 SUV which was recently launched in India.
The new BMW X4 will be positioned below the new X6.
Visually, as mentioned, the new BMW X4 is similar to the BMW X3, but it distinguishes itself with the coupe roofline.
The new X4's dimensions have increased, and the coupe SUV is now 81mm longer, 37mm wider and 3mm shorter than the outgoing model.
The wheelbase of the new BMW X4 has increased by 54mm as well, making the cabin spacious and offering better legroom for the rear passengers.
Inside, the second-generation BMW X4 shares most its equipment from the new BMW X3.
Compared to the previous-generation BMW X4, the new X4 gets a 6.5-inch display which comes as standard for the infotainment system or the one can opt for the 10.3-inch display.
The steering wheel of the new-gen BMW X4 is shared with the new X3, 5 Series and the 7 Series.
Other features include voice and gesture control, and paddle shifters on top-of-the-line variants.
BMW also offers a new Ambient Air package which adds an ioniser as well as a fragrance diffuser, along with tri-zone climate control and ventilated front seats on the 2019 BMW X4.
Mechanically, the new BMW X4 will be available with several options including the 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder petrol in different states of tune.
There is also a 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine as well.
The carmaker will also offer a 3.0-litre straight six petrol and diesel units on the top-variants.
Gearbox duties will be carried out by an 8-speed automatic on all variants. The BMW xDrive AWD will be available on select variants.
The new BMW X4 is shod with 19-inch or 20-inch alloy wheels, and the carmaker has made the M Sport suspension and speed-sensitive electromechanical Servotronic steering as standard on all versions.
BMW will begin the sales of the new-generation X4 later this year across several markets, while it's expected to be launched in India during the first-half of 2019.
The new-generation BMW X4 will rival the likes of Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5 and the Range Rover Evoque.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The New-Generation BMW X4
BMW was not able to bring the first-generation X4 to India as the carmaker was not in a position to assemble it in India while importing the SUV would have resulted in higher pricing.
However, BMW is all set to launch the new-gen X4 in India and will be a worthy rival to the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5 and the Range Rover Evoque.