- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News DCGI finds no link between COVID vaccine shot and 'adverse' reaction in Chennai volunteer during trial
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Important that I try to win games for India whenever I play: Shardul Thakur
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
New-Generation BMW X4 showcased at 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
While the new BMW X4 images were revealed earlier, this is the first time the 2019 BMW X4 made its public debut.
The new X4 SUV retains its coupe-themed design while it shares its features and underpinnings of the new-generation BMW X3 SUV which was recently launched in India.
The new BMW X4 will be positioned below the new X6.
Visually, as mentioned, the new BMW X4 is similar to the BMW X3, but it distinguishes itself with the coupe roofline.
The new X4's dimensions have increased, and the coupe SUV is now 81mm longer, 37mm wider and 3mm shorter than the outgoing model.
The wheelbase of the new BMW X4 has increased by 54mm as well, making the cabin spacious and offering better legroom for the rear passengers.
Inside, the second-generation BMW X4 shares most its equipment from the new BMW X3.
Compared to the previous-generation BMW X4, the new X4 gets a 6.5-inch display which comes as standard for the infotainment system or the one can opt for the 10.3-inch display.
The steering wheel of the new-gen BMW X4 is shared with the new X3, 5 Series and the 7 Series.
Other features include voice and gesture control, and paddle shifters on top-of-the-line variants.
BMW also offers a new Ambient Air package which adds an ioniser as well as a fragrance diffuser, along with tri-zone climate control and ventilated front seats on the 2019 BMW X4.
Mechanically, the new BMW X4 will be available with several options including the 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder petrol in different states of tune.
There is also a 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine as well.
The carmaker will also offer a 3.0-litre straight six petrol and diesel units on the top-variants.
Gearbox duties will be carried out by an 8-speed automatic on all variants. The BMW xDrive AWD will be available on select variants.
The new BMW X4 is shod with 19-inch or 20-inch alloy wheels, and the carmaker has made the M Sport suspension and speed-sensitive electromechanical Servotronic steering as standard on all versions.
BMW will begin the sales of the new-generation X4 later this year across several markets, while it's expected to be launched in India during the first-half of 2019.
The new-generation BMW X4 will rival the likes of Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5 and the Range Rover Evoque.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The New-Generation BMW X4
BMW was not able to bring the first-generation X4 to India as the carmaker was not in a position to assemble it in India while importing the SUV would have resulted in higher pricing.
However, BMW is all set to launch the new-gen X4 in India and will be a worthy rival to the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5 and the Range Rover Evoque.