- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Japanese automaker Mitsubishi recently launched the new Outlander in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that Mitsubishi will also introduce the new-gen Pajero Sport SUV in the country in 2019. The third-gen Mitsubishi Pajero Sport will come to India via CBU route.
The report also states that Mitsubishi could also assemble the new Pajero Sport in India to keep the price in check. The third-gen Pajero is already on sale in several global markets since 2015. But India could get the facelifted version of the Pajero Sport in 2019. The new Pajero Sport will feature four-wheel-drive and a dedicated off-road mode.
The overall design of the new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is sharp and aggressive as compared to the currently sold model. Up front, the new Pajero Sport features sleek headlamps and a large grille with chrome treatment. The front bumper is muscular and adds to the butch look of the SUV.
The interior of the new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport will sport a touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone climate control and leather seat upholstery. Safety features will include seven airbags, 360-degree camera, electronic handbrake and much more. The cabin will be premium and luxurious as any other high-end full-size SUV.
The upcoming new-gen Pajero Sport will draw power from a 2.4-litre MIVEC diesel engine that produces 178bhp and 430Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The engine is expected to be BS-VI compliant as the SUV will be launched in late 2019.
Thoughts On The New-Gen Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
The currently sold Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is not selling in good numbers and the new-gen model could change the fortunes of the SUV in India. With its new design and a plethora of new features, the SUV is expected to attract the Indian buyers. The new0gen Pajero Sport will rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X.