- 8 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Lok Sabha Election 2019: Exit polls which failed to read public mood
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Ford Freestyle was launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh, under the tag of 'India's First Compact Utility (CUV) Vehicle'. The crossover is based on the Ford Figo hatchback. The new Ford Freestyle features a raised suspension and more rugged look compared to the Figo.
To be different from the Figo, new features have been added in the Ford Freestyle in terms of looks, safety and equipment. Here are the top Ford Freestyle features you should know!
New Petrol Engine
The Ford Freestyle comes with an all-new ‘dragon-series' petrol engine. The 1.2-litre three-cylinder engine makes 95bhp (highest in its segment) and 120Nm of torque. This is mated to a 5-speed Getrag manual gearbox. The naturally-aspirated engine offers good response such that it makes the Ford Freestyle's driving experience really fun.
The Freestyle is also available with Ford Figo's 1.5-litre diesel engine which makes 99bhp and 215Nm of torque.
The interiors of the Freestyle features Ford's latest Sync3 infotainment system. The 6.5-inch touchscreen supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The interface is really smooth in operation. There is no lag between graphics transitions or any delay in touch-response.
Another interesting feature of the infotainment system is the compass.
Traction Control System (TCS)
Usually seen in premium cars, Traction Control System or Electronic Stability Program (ESP) aims to prevent the driving wheels from spinning on loose surfaces. This is done by cutting power from the engine (by regulating accelerator input), whenever the wheels lose traction. By cutting power, the wheel speed decreases. This will provide more traction.
Although there is a dedicated button to turn TCS on/off, the system cannot be entirely disengaged.
Anti-Rollover Prevention (ARP)
In addition to TCS, the Ford Freestyle has also got Anti-Rollover Prevention or ARP. The system makes use of traction control and targeted braking.
When the crossover takes a sharp corner at a high speed, the system detects it and individually brakes the outer wheels, while using the TCS to gain more traction. The result will be a much more stable and safe turning.
Ford Emergency Assistance
The Freestyle also comes with Ford's Emergency Assistance, which automatically contacts helpline numbers in the event of an accident. The system uses a paired smartphone to make the call, whenever it detects that the fuel pump has shut down or the airbags have been deployed.
The top variant of the crossover, Titanium+, has got six airbags.
Other Features Of The Ford Freestyle
The Ford Freestyle, in addition to all the above features, offers even more. The Figo-based crossover gets electrically-adjustable and foldable ORVMs, automatic climate control, automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and engine start/stop button, to name a few.
Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle Top Features
The Ford Freestyle, as told earlier, is not just a Figo with a higher ground clearance. Unlike its rivals, the Hyundai i20 Active and the Toyota Etios Cross, the Ford Freestyle is almost an entirely new model with a lot of engineering gone into it.
The Freestyle is a fun-to-drive car, with a lot of comfort and safety features. For more about how it drives, check out our Ford Freestyle Review.