- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The internet is rife with images of a Ford 'Baby Bronco' that seems to have been taken from a Ford dealers meet in Las Vegas. We say 'Baby Bronco' because, it is not the full size New Ford Bronco that Ford had announced a few months ago, but is actually the smaller Crossover SUV that was teased earlier this year.
In March this year, Ford had released a teaser image of a Crossover SUV that is set to be launched soon but did not reveal its name. The Crossover SUV that was teased looked just a little bit larger than the Ford Ecosport.
It featured a boxy design with wide fender flares and an LED headlamp up front. It also came with the Ford logo just like that on the Ford F-150 Raptor but on a much smaller scale. Looking at all these details, it is easy to say that the new leaked images are of the new Crossover SUV and not the full-size Bronco.
The Ford Bronco is quite a legendary name in the American SUV segment. Produced between 1966 and 1996, it created a brand of its own and owners loved it dearly. The Ford Bronco was a full-size SUV with a two-door configuration, but later versions came with a 5- door configuration as well.
In 2017, Ford revealed that the new Bronco was being worked on and would be launched in 2020. The upcoming Bronco would be based on the midsize pickup/SUV platform that the Ford Everest and the Ford Ranger (Ford Endeavour in the Indian Market), is based on.
The leaked images show a rugged, retro-looking SUV. The SUV looks boxy and straight lines define the Crossover SUV. The image reveals three angles of the upcoming SUV. Up front are old-school round LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights extending into the grille.
Taking central position on the grille is the word ‘Ford' embossed in bold characters just like on the Ford Raptor and also in the teaser revealed earlier this year. The Crossover SUV rides on chunky off-road tyres shod on black-coloured alloy wheels.
It is obvious that this vehicle is designed to go off-road as the red tow-hooks and large roof racks suggest. Details of the engine and powertrain are unavailable at the moment, but it seems to be driven primarily by the front wheels and in all probability will have a hybrid variant too.
The ‘Baby Bronco' will be based on the Ford Escape platform but will have all-wheel-drive as standard since it will be marketed as a rugged off-roader. Ford will pit the Baby Bronco against the likes of the Jeep Renegade and Toyota RAV4.
Thoughts On Ford Bronco Leaked Images
There is no probability of the Baby Bronco or even the Bronco coming to the Indian market. Ford India currently has only two SUVs in its portfolio: The EcoSport and the Endeavour, and there is quite a large gap between them.
On the other hand, the company has quite a large number of SUVs in the American market, and it would be great to see Ford bringing in more SUVs to India.