TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
In the past few days, an image of a Ford Aspire has been doing the rounds on the internet stating that the production of the sedan has been stopped. Yes, the production of the current-gen Aspire has come to an end.
But now, Overdrive reports that the new Aspire sedan will soon enter production and will be launched in the country by June 2018.
The report also states that the new Ford Aspire sedan will feature a significant update as compared to the current-gen model. The new Aspire will sport a newly designed front and rear bumper and a tweaked rear profile. The sedan could also feature new alloy wheels.
The interior of the new Ford Aspire sedan will sport a new SYNC3 touchscreen infotainment system which was introduced with the Ford EcoSport facelift. The new infotainment system will come with connectivity options such as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The cabin space will remain unchanged.
The new Ford Aspire will draw power from a new 1.5-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine producing 121bhp and 150Nm of torque. The new petrol unit made its debut with the facelifted EcoSport. The power figures might be tweaked to suit the characteristics of the sedan.
The diesel variant of the new Ford Aspire will utilise the existing 1.5-litre engine producing 98.9bhp and 215Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Ford Aspire
The new Ford Aspire will sport significant updates to the exterior and interior design. Expect the new Aspire to be equipped with premium features and better equipment to tackle its modern rivals. The new Ford Aspire will rival the likes of Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo and upcoming new-gen Honda Amaze.