TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
In the past few days, an image of a Ford Aspire has been doing the rounds on the internet stating that the production of the sedan has been stopped. Yes, the production of the current-gen Aspire has come to an end.
But now, Overdrive reports that the new Aspire sedan will soon enter production and will be launched in the country by June 2018.
The report also states that the new Ford Aspire sedan will feature a significant update as compared to the current-gen model. The new Aspire will sport a newly designed front and rear bumper and a tweaked rear profile. The sedan could also feature new alloy wheels.
The interior of the new Ford Aspire sedan will sport a new SYNC3 touchscreen infotainment system which was introduced with the Ford EcoSport facelift. The new infotainment system will come with connectivity options such as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The cabin space will remain unchanged.
The new Ford Aspire will draw power from a new 1.5-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine producing 121bhp and 150Nm of torque. The new petrol unit made its debut with the facelifted EcoSport. The power figures might be tweaked to suit the characteristics of the sedan.
The diesel variant of the new Ford Aspire will utilise the existing 1.5-litre engine producing 98.9bhp and 215Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Ford Aspire
The new Ford Aspire will sport significant updates to the exterior and interior design. Expect the new Aspire to be equipped with premium features and better equipment to tackle its modern rivals. The new Ford Aspire will rival the likes of Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo and upcoming new-gen Honda Amaze.