TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
BMW India has confirmed the launch of the second generation X4 in India for 2019. The first-generation BMW X4 debuted in 2014, but it did not enter the Indian market.
According to CarDekho, the new BMW X4 once launched in India will be placed between the X3 and the X5 offerings in the company's Indian lineup.
The new BMW X4 was unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The new-gen X4 is based on BMW's CLAR architecture with the underpinnings of the X3. The new platform on the X4 helps the SUV shed 50kg from its previous generation model.
The dimensions of the BMW X4 is 4752mm in length, 1918mm in width and 1621mm in height. This makes the SUV 44mm longer, 27mm wider and 55mm lower than the new X3. The wheelbase of the new X4 is 2864mm, identical to the latest X3 model.
The new BMW X4 carries a similar front-end design as seen on the X3, with the company's signature kidney grille with active flaps. This is flanked on either side by dual-barrel LED headlamps. The front bumper receives a new design with large air dams housing the LED DRLs.
At the rear, the BMW X4 gets a coupe-like roofline which flows into the boot. The rear extends outwards similar to the X6. The new BMW X4 gets the option to ride on either 19 or 20-inch alloy wheels.
Inside the new X4, the dashboard houses the central console with a 6.5-inch floating infotainment system and a three-zone climate control. The X4 features a three-spoke steering wheel, along with a 12-inch full-digital instrument cluster.
Other features on the new BMW X4: full-colour heads-up display, Harmon Kardon surround sound system, panoramic sunroof and eight airbags. Optional features include a Driving Assistant Plus with steering and Lane Control Assist and a 10.3-inch infotainment display.
In India, the new BMW X4 will be powered by the same engine as on the X3. This will be the 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 188bhp and 400Nm of torque. A petrol version of the new BMW X4 might also be launched at a later stage.
Thoughts On The New BMW X4 2019 India Launch
Once launched in India, the new 2019 BMW X4 will take on rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe and the Range Rover Evoque.