TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
German luxury car manufacturer BMW has revealed the M5 Competition edition. The new Competition edition of the sedan is based on the sixth generation M5. The BMW M5 Competition edition features cosmetic updates, re-tuned engine and new features.
On the design front, the BMW M5 Competition features high-gloss black accents around the kidney grille. The rear end of the hotter version of the M5 also sports gloss-black detailing on the bumper. The bumper matches the colour of the tailpipes in black chrome. The competition branding on the boot lid and spoiler are finished in gloss-black colour.
The interior of the BMW M5 Competition features black seat belts in a striped pattern, floor mats with model-specific piping with M5 logo and leather seat upholstery. The dashboard gets aluminium carbon structure with dark chrome trim and the instrument cluster features an M Competition graphic.
The BMW M5 Competition draws power from a 4.4-litre V8 engine with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology. The engine delivers a maximum power output of 591bhp and 750Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed M Steptronic gearbox.
The BMW M5 Competition is equipped with M xDrive all-wheel-drive system. The car can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 3.3 seconds and hits the 200km/h mark in just 10.8 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 250km/h.
The BMW M5 Competition also features 20-inch M light alloy wheels with the Y-spoke design. The car comes with six-piston fixed callipers and perforated, inner-vented brake discs at the front wheels and single-piston floating callipers with integrated parking brake at the rear. Optional carbon ceramic brakes are also available.
The Competition edition of the BMW M5 sports 7mm lower suspension and has been tuned for spirited driving. The suspension is 10 percent stiffer as compared to the regular M5. Other features include flap-controlled, twin-pipe M Sport exhaust system.
Thoughts On The BMW M5 Competition Edition
The new BMW M5 Competition edition becomes the fastest ever M5. The car sports several updates to the exterior design and interior and gets a re-tuned engine with slightly higher power output. The BMW M5 Competition rivals the recently launched Mercedes-AMG E63-S 4Matic.