TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
The Audi Q8 SUV concept was first showcased at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show. The company at the time of unveiling had mentioned that the production version of the Audi Q8 will enter the market by 2018.
Audi, Head of Research and Development, Peter Mertens has now confirmed that the new Q8 will be available in the market by June 2018. Mertens added that the new Audi Q8 will be the company's new flagship SUV representing the new face of Audi. The new SUV will still have a close relation to the Q7 and will also share a production line at the Audi factory.
The new Q8 will be unveiled at a special event in China, marking 30 years of production in the country. Audi also has plans of doubling production in China over the next 5 years.
Audi is said to have started extensively testing the new Q8 around the world including India. The new flagship Audi Q8 SUV will rival the likes of the BMW X6 and the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe.
The engine specifications have not yet been revealed and at this stage is too early to predict. But we can expect to see what the production version of the car will look like in the coming months.
Thoughts on the new Audi Q8 SUV
The new Audi Q8 is considered the flagship model in the company's SUV lineup. Though too soon to predict, we can expect the new Q8 might get a V6 engine producing over 350hp.