TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
2019 BMW X5 Unveiled: BMW has officially unveiled the new fourth-generation X5 SUV. The new BMW X5 brings a lot of changes and improvements over the previous model and is also based on a new platform. In India, the current-generation BMW X5 is sold at Rs 74.30 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new X5 will be launched next year – the 20th anniversary of the premium SUV. At first glance, the eyes will be caught by the enlarged kidney grilles; now having a connection in between. The bumper section has got sculpted elements, along with larger air dams.
Coming to the side, the crease lines are more distinct than before while the overall proportions look similar to the current model. However, the new BMW X5 is 35mm longer, 32mm wider and 11mm taller. The overall dimensions stay at 4192x1970x1737mm (length x width x height).
The wheelbase has also been increased by 42mm, at 2975mm. The global model will be sporting a set of 20-inch five-spoke wheels, which definitely won't be available in the Indian market.
At the rear, the design has been completely revamped with the new tail lamps and bumper. The spoiler and shark-fin antenna looks neat as on the current model.
The new BMW X5 has a stiffer aluminium construction which offers 33 percent more rigidity and better NVH controls than before. The new platform will also be shared by the upcoming third-generation X6 and the all-new X7.
Inside, the dashboard looks modern yet typically BMW. The new BMW X5 is also the first model to feature the brand's ‘Live Cockpit Professional' unit. This includes two 12.3-inch HD displays which form the instrument cluster and the infotainment.
The system also supports 20GB of internal storage, USB & Bluetooth connectivity and access to real-time vehicle data. In addition to these, the new X5 also gets the ‘Connected Package Professional' – the one place for remote services, concierges, Sat-Nav, live-traffic and more.
Here are some of the other new features in the 2019 BMW X5:
- Optional ‘Off-Road Package'
- Optional electronic controls for the two-piece tailgate
- Optional laser headlamps
- Better underbody protection
- Bowers & Wilkins audio system
- Speech recognition & gesture controls
- Upgraded xDrive all-wheel-drive system
The new BMW X5 will be initially introduced in the xDrive40i trim. It is equipped with a 3.0-litre straight-six petrol engine that makes 340bhp and 500Nm. The Indian market will be getting the existing 3.0-litre straight-six diesel engine which makes 265bp and 620Nm. Both engines are mated to an 8-speed ZF automatic transmission.
The new X5 is expected to launch globally in the first quarter of 2019. Its Indian debut will follow close. Upon launch, the SUV will mainly rival the Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GLS. Jaguar F-Pace and the Volvo XC90. The pricing is expected to start from Rs 80 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New BMW X5
The upcoming 2019 BMW X5 seems to bring a lot to the table, both in terms of form and function. The BMW X5 has always been a capable SUV and the latest model is expected to bring a new diesel ‘M' and a petrol hybrid variant.
What do you think of the new BMW X5?