- 25 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 3 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Aadai Controversy: Police Case Filed Against Amala Paul For This Reason
- News Bengaluru to stay without Cauvery water supply on July 21 & 22
- Sports Comparing India’s World Cup performances in 2010s and 1990s: It’s chalk and cheese
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The Mini Countryman, which was first showcased at this year's Auto Expo, is all set to launch in India on May 3rd, 2018.
Mini has already started production of the Countryman in BMW's plant in Chennai. The company is now accepting bookings across all its dealerships in India, with deliveries to begin from June.
The new Mini Countryman will be available in three variants: Cooper S, Cooper SD and the Cooper JCW Inspired.
Both the Mini Countryman Cooper S and the Cooper JCW Inspired variants will be powered by a 2.0-litre Twin Turbo Powered, four-cylinder petrol engine. This engine produces 190bhp with 280Nm of torque. While the Countryman Cooper SD receives a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine which churns out 188bhp with 400Nm of torque.
The engines on all the variants come mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The all-new Mini Countryman receives minor interior and exterior changes. Some of the standout features include LED headlamps, LED daytime running lamps (DRL), fog lamps, revamped bumpers, signature chrome grille, skid plates at the front and rear, LED tail lights and dual exhaust pipes.
On the Inside, the Countryman offers features such as multi-functional steering wheel, sports seat for the front driver and passenger, 8.8-inch state-of-the-art iDrive infotainment system with touchscreen function, two-zone automatic air-conditioning and sports leather steering wheel among others.
The Countryman Cooper JCW Inspired variant receives additional features such as a panoramic sunroof, John Cooper Works (JCW) aero kit, rear spoiler, rearview camera, Mini heads-up display, 18-inch wheels with run-flat tyres and an additional British Racing Green colour scheme.
Thoughts On The All-New Mini Countryman
Mini is yet to reveal the prices in India, however, the Countryman is expected to be priced at around Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom. The 2018 Mini Countryman will take on rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLA, Audi Q3 and the BMW X1.