- 35 min ago Volkswagen ID.4 Wins World Car Of The Year 2021 Award; Becomes First VW EV To Win Prestigious WCOTY
- 48 min ago Omega Seiki To Introduce Solid-State Battery Equipped EVs In India: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Honda e Wins The '2021 World Urban Car Of The Year' Award
- 2 hrs ago Covid-19: Hero MotoCorp Suspends Operations Over Rising Cases In The Country
- Movies Ram Navami 2021: Maestro New Poster Featuring Nithiin And Nabha Natesh Out
- Technology MediaTek Partners With Realme For Dimensity 1200 5G Chipset; Plans To Join Indian OEMs
- News Never allowed BJP to buy or give away Remdesivir: Maharashtra minister
- Finance Govt Issues COVID-19 Guidelines For Post Offices & Employees: Details Inside
- Sports IPL 2021, KKR vs CSK Stats and Records preview: Dhoni, Karthik and Du Plessis approach milestones
- Education Indian Army Postpones Common Entrance Exam For Northeast Amid Covid Surge
- Lifestyle Rubina Dilaik’s Floral Saree Makes For A Perfect Spring Wear; Pictures Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
MINI India has officially introduced their experience event to showcase the popular 'go-kart' characteristics of their products – MINI Urban Drive. The first edition of the event was held at Meco Kartopia go-karting circuit in Bangalore, on the 18th and 19th of August 2018. MINI Urban Drive will be extended to Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh and Delhi in the coming months.
MINI Urban Drive is the perfect platform to push your favourite MINI model to the limits. At the event, the participants were allowed to drive the fun MINI 3-Door Hatch, stylish MINI Convertible, flagship MINI Clubman or the all-road MINI Countryman.
The cars were either in Cooper or Cooper S petrol trims. A few diesel models were also present. But be it any power plant, MINI models have got a character of their own.
The drive was conducted with the supervision and inputs of expert foreign instructors from MINI. There were mainly two instructions only: "Full Throttle" and "Brake Hard" – the entire course can be excelled by knowing the balance between these.
MINI Urban Drive consists of a braking test and a timed circuit. While the former requires the drivers to make the most of the accelerator and the brake pedal, the latter needs precision, steering balance and the popular racing philosophy – "Enter the corner slow; exit fast".
The tracks were set up such that even if the driver makes an error, there would be almost zero chances for an accident.
The line-up for the braking test included only the Countryman. The tall and practical MINI Countryman was required to accelerate fully and brake at a certain point, while manoeuvring through some cones. Braking should be as hard as possible to let the ABS kick in. Beyond the fun it offered, the aim of the test was to showcase how a MINI could handle in an emergency situation.
Another input which the instructors gave was to look where you are going rather than focussing on the obstacle. Those who paid too much attention on the cones ended up hitting them.
The timed track was certainly more exciting. The tight sections and wide corners were both equally challenging and fun. Almost everyone got their car's tail out at the corners. However, the key was to go slowly around the corners to set a good lap time rather than going sideways which would waste time.
Some drivers who drove too fast before the corner slid away from the track. But being a safe environment, the drivers could always make up for the mistake, the next round.
MINI Urban Drive not only allowed every participant understand what a MINI is good at but also how to drive a car well. The encouraging instructors and capable cars made everyone who attended MINI Urban Drive, spend a Sunday well!
As for more details of the cars, here are the pricing* and detailed specifications of each model:
- MINI Cooper – Rs 29.70 lakh
- MINI Cooper Convertible – Rs 37.10 lakh
- MINI Countryman – Rs 34.9 lakh
- MINI Clubman – Rs 40.30 lakh
*all prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
MINI Urban Drive is something everyone who loves driving should try out. The go-kart-like handling nature of a MINI was best showcased at Meco Kartopia and was a unique experience for even those who already own a MINI. It is events such as these which make potential buyers know what they want and what they can expect. As for a MINI, what you can always expect is the fun in driving!