TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
The Mini (marque), owned by BMW since 2000 is gearing up to launch the all-new Countryman in India. The launch is slated to take place in May 2018. The production of the 2018 Mini Countryman is underway at the BMW's Chennai manufacturing plant. Industry sources confirm that Mini dealerships have started accepting bookings for the 2018 Countryman model.
What's New For 2018?
The 2018 Mini Countryman has received minor cosmetic updates. Standout design exterior elements include: revamped bumpers, LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights, fog lamps, LED taillights, skid plates at front and rear end, dual exhaust pipe and the signature chrome grille. Click here to read our review of the Mini Cooper S (John Cooper Works Edition).
The 2018 Countryman for India could be powered by a 192-horsepower, 2.0-litre turbo-petrol in the Countryman Cooper S and 190-horsepower, 2.0-litre diesel in the Countryman D.
Prices are estimated to start at Rs 40 lakh onwards. The previous generation Countryman was offered in a front-wheel-drive configuration in India. For 2018, the Countryman will feature Mini's ALL4 AWD system, which is also seen in the new-generation BMW X1 SUV.
On the inside, the new Countryman retains the Mini retro-look and features a state-of-the-art iDrive infotainment system with an 8.8-inch touchscreen. There are also loads of circular motifs on the dashboard, dials and doors.
Thoughts on the 2018 Mini Countryman
The previous generation Countryman was a hit in India, and the 2018 model has the potential to hit high on the sales chart, as well. The 2018 Countryman for sure sets itself apart visually and will lock horns with the Mercedes-Benz GLA, the Audi Q3 and its counterpart, the BMW X1.
Do you like the new Countryman? And do you think it is a proper Mini?