- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 7 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Weather forecast today: Heavy downpour likely in Kerala as Southwest monsoon advances
- Technology ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Mini (marque), owned by BMW since 2000 is gearing up to launch the all-new Countryman in India. The launch is slated to take place in May 2018. The production of the 2018 Mini Countryman is underway at the BMW's Chennai manufacturing plant. Industry sources confirm that Mini dealerships have started accepting bookings for the 2018 Countryman model.
What's New For 2018?
The 2018 Mini Countryman has received minor cosmetic updates. Standout design exterior elements include: revamped bumpers, LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights, fog lamps, LED taillights, skid plates at front and rear end, dual exhaust pipe and the signature chrome grille. Click here to read our review of the Mini Cooper S (John Cooper Works Edition).
The 2018 Countryman for India could be powered by a 192-horsepower, 2.0-litre turbo-petrol in the Countryman Cooper S and 190-horsepower, 2.0-litre diesel in the Countryman D.
Prices are estimated to start at Rs 40 lakh onwards. The previous generation Countryman was offered in a front-wheel-drive configuration in India. For 2018, the Countryman will feature Mini's ALL4 AWD system, which is also seen in the new-generation BMW X1 SUV.
On the inside, the new Countryman retains the Mini retro-look and features a state-of-the-art iDrive infotainment system with an 8.8-inch touchscreen. There are also loads of circular motifs on the dashboard, dials and doors.
Thoughts on the 2018 Mini Countryman
The previous generation Countryman was a hit in India, and the 2018 model has the potential to hit high on the sales chart, as well. The 2018 Countryman for sure sets itself apart visually and will lock horns with the Mercedes-Benz GLA, the Audi Q3 and its counterpart, the BMW X1.
Do you like the new Countryman? And do you think it is a proper Mini?