- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Technology Best Snapdragon 855 Smartphones In India Right Now
- News Mysuru Dasara: Who will replace Arjuna as Howdah elephant?
- Movies The Zoya Factor Movie Review: Dulquer Salmaan Hits A Sixer With His Charming Act!
- Sports Saudi owner of Sheffield United discusses Bin Laden links
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Chinese firm SAIC-owned British automaker MG Motors is all set to enter the Indian market in 2019. Now, TeamBHP has spotted the MG RX5 SUV being tested on Indian roads. The MG RX5 was spotted in Pune and the SUV is finished in heavily camouflaged livery.
The RX5 SUV is sold under the MG brand in the Middle-East market and retailed under the Roewe brand in the Chinese market. The spotted RX5 SUV is a left-hand-drive model, which suggests that the SUV has been imported to India for testing and research and development purpose.
The images suggest that the spotted SUV is based on the 2018 MG RX5 as it features a tweaked front fascia. The updated model comes with a V-shaped grille, sleek headlamps and C-shaped LED daytime running lights.
The rear end of the MG RX5 features a raked windshield, rear wiper, horizontally stacked LED tail lamp, roof rails and a roof-mounted spoiler. The SUV is equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels. As reported earlier, MG Motors is planning to launch an SUV in India and the MG RX5 could be the one coming to the country.
In the global market, the MG RX5 is offered with two petrol engine options: a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine and a 2-litre four-cylinder unit. The 1.5-litre engine produces 166bhp and 250Nm of torque and the bigger 2-litre unit churns out 217bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The transmission options include a 7-speed or a 6-speed automatic gearbox and the top-spec model also gets an all-wheel-drive system. If the MG RX5 is launched in India, the SUV will be manufactured at GM's Halol plant in Gujarat, which was acquired by MG Motors.
Thoughts On The MG RX5 SUV
The MG RX5 is a premium SUV from MG Motors which could be launched in the Indian market in 2019. With the growing utility vehicle segment in the country, MG Motors could introduce the SUV before the hatchback and the sedan. If launched in India, the MG RX5 could rival the likes of Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and even the Mahindra XUV500.