- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Chinese firm SAIC-owned British automaker MG Motors is all set to enter the Indian market in 2019. Now, TeamBHP has spotted the MG RX5 SUV being tested on Indian roads. The MG RX5 was spotted in Pune and the SUV is finished in heavily camouflaged livery.
The RX5 SUV is sold under the MG brand in the Middle-East market and retailed under the Roewe brand in the Chinese market. The spotted RX5 SUV is a left-hand-drive model, which suggests that the SUV has been imported to India for testing and research and development purpose.
The images suggest that the spotted SUV is based on the 2018 MG RX5 as it features a tweaked front fascia. The updated model comes with a V-shaped grille, sleek headlamps and C-shaped LED daytime running lights.
The rear end of the MG RX5 features a raked windshield, rear wiper, horizontally stacked LED tail lamp, roof rails and a roof-mounted spoiler. The SUV is equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels. As reported earlier, MG Motors is planning to launch an SUV in India and the MG RX5 could be the one coming to the country.
In the global market, the MG RX5 is offered with two petrol engine options: a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine and a 2-litre four-cylinder unit. The 1.5-litre engine produces 166bhp and 250Nm of torque and the bigger 2-litre unit churns out 217bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The transmission options include a 7-speed or a 6-speed automatic gearbox and the top-spec model also gets an all-wheel-drive system. If the MG RX5 is launched in India, the SUV will be manufactured at GM's Halol plant in Gujarat, which was acquired by MG Motors.
Thoughts On The MG RX5 SUV
The MG RX5 is a premium SUV from MG Motors which could be launched in the Indian market in 2019. With the growing utility vehicle segment in the country, MG Motors could introduce the SUV before the hatchback and the sedan. If launched in India, the MG RX5 could rival the likes of Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and even the Mahindra XUV500.