- 47 min ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 3 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 7 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- News Mahant Narendra Giri's death: Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoles Akhara Parishad chief's demise
- Sports NZC hopeful of finding a window next year for abandoned white-ball series against Pakistan
- Movies Bhavai: Makers Of Pratik Gandhi's Film Issue Clarification, Say 'Film Doesn't Hurt Any Religious Sentiments'
- Technology Airtel Offers Rs. 999 Plan To Business And Broadband Users; Which Is Better?
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Finance Top 5 Public Sector Banks Promising Good Returns On 5 Year Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
SAIC-owned MG Motors is preparing to launch their first SUV in India in 2019. Recent reports from CarDekho now suggests, the company is planning to launch an all-new SUV model in India. Not the ZS or the GS variants as reported earlier.
The all-new SUV from MG Motors is expected to go over the four-metre mark but will be based on an existing platform from the company's portfolio. Also, the new SUV will rival the Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Creta.
With the first MG Motors SUV slated for a 2019 release, we can expect the engine on the new SUV to comply with the BS-VI emission. Implementation of which is set to begin from 2020.
The all-new SUV from MG Motors is also said to get a number of additional features compared to its rivals. A calculated move by the company, to help them stay ahead of the competition. With these new additional features, we can expect the pricing of the new SUV to be similar if not slightly higher than its rivals.
The company's Chinese parent company, SAIC, have already begun upgrading the Halol plant in Gujarat. While also initiating talks with multiple suppliers in a bid to localise production by up to 80 percent.
The company as reported earlier will conduct dealer roadshows across three major cities starting from Mumbai on 28th March.
Thoughts On The New SUV From MG Motors
MG Motors are really looking at establishing themselves in the Indian market. With plans of 80 percent localisation, the pricing of the new SUV once launched can be expected to be highly competitive.