- 3 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 6 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
SAIC-owned MG Motors is preparing to launch their first SUV in India in 2019. Recent reports from CarDekho now suggests, the company is planning to launch an all-new SUV model in India. Not the ZS or the GS variants as reported earlier.
The all-new SUV from MG Motors is expected to go over the four-metre mark but will be based on an existing platform from the company's portfolio. Also, the new SUV will rival the Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Creta.
With the first MG Motors SUV slated for a 2019 release, we can expect the engine on the new SUV to comply with the BS-VI emission. Implementation of which is set to begin from 2020.
The all-new SUV from MG Motors is also said to get a number of additional features compared to its rivals. A calculated move by the company, to help them stay ahead of the competition. With these new additional features, we can expect the pricing of the new SUV to be similar if not slightly higher than its rivals.
The company's Chinese parent company, SAIC, have already begun upgrading the Halol plant in Gujarat. While also initiating talks with multiple suppliers in a bid to localise production by up to 80 percent.
The company as reported earlier will conduct dealer roadshows across three major cities starting from Mumbai on 28th March.
Thoughts On The New SUV From MG Motors
MG Motors are really looking at establishing themselves in the Indian market. With plans of 80 percent localisation, the pricing of the new SUV once launched can be expected to be highly competitive.