- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
MG Motor has released teaser images of its first-ever full-size SUV, the X-Motion Concept. The SUV is set to make its world premiere at the upcoming Beijing International Motor Show.
The new SUV from MG Motor is set to launch the production version of the X-Motion concept in China by 2019. After which, it is expected to launch in other markets as well, including the UK and in Australia.
The X-Motion concept from MG Motor will showcase the fluidic and curvaceous design language for all future models from the company. The new SUV is also said to have taken inspiration from its E-Motion electric sports car concept showcased in the previous years.
The front fascia of the SUV features a large grille with 3D studs, flanked by the connected headlamps. The bonnet of the SUV receives a sculpted look with its sharp crease lines making the entire front section look masculine.
The new SUV has the same underpinnings as that of the Roewe RX8, which is another SAIC-owned brand. The RX8 from Roewe is sold only in China and gets a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 221bhp and 360Nm of torque, suggesting that the new MG SUV model could receive the same engine option as well.
We can expect the MG Motor to bring the new SUV to the Indian market as well. MG Motor will enter India as a premium brand, with its first SUV expected to launch sometime in mid-2019. The first SUV from MG Motor in India will likely take on the Jeep Compass and can be expected to have a premium pricing.
MG Motor India has been aggressive with its India plans. They recently invested Rs 5,000 crore in India, to be used for product development and marketing. They have also been conducting dealer roadshows in various cities across India over the past one month.
Thoughts On The MG Motor X-Motion Concept SUV
MG Motor is planning to enter India as a premium brand, without looking for mass-volume sales right from the start. The production version of the X-Motion concept, if launched in India will further help the company establish itself as a premium brand in the country.