TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
MG Motor has released teaser images of its first-ever full-size SUV, the X-Motion Concept. The SUV is set to make its world premiere at the upcoming Beijing International Motor Show.
The new SUV from MG Motor is set to launch the production version of the X-Motion concept in China by 2019. After which, it is expected to launch in other markets as well, including the UK and in Australia.
The X-Motion concept from MG Motor will showcase the fluidic and curvaceous design language for all future models from the company. The new SUV is also said to have taken inspiration from its E-Motion electric sports car concept showcased in the previous years.
The front fascia of the SUV features a large grille with 3D studs, flanked by the connected headlamps. The bonnet of the SUV receives a sculpted look with its sharp crease lines making the entire front section look masculine.
The new SUV has the same underpinnings as that of the Roewe RX8, which is another SAIC-owned brand. The RX8 from Roewe is sold only in China and gets a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 221bhp and 360Nm of torque, suggesting that the new MG SUV model could receive the same engine option as well.
We can expect the MG Motor to bring the new SUV to the Indian market as well. MG Motor will enter India as a premium brand, with its first SUV expected to launch sometime in mid-2019. The first SUV from MG Motor in India will likely take on the Jeep Compass and can be expected to have a premium pricing.
MG Motor India has been aggressive with its India plans. They recently invested Rs 5,000 crore in India, to be used for product development and marketing. They have also been conducting dealer roadshows in various cities across India over the past one month.
Thoughts On The MG Motor X-Motion Concept SUV
MG Motor is planning to enter India as a premium brand, without looking for mass-volume sales right from the start. The production version of the X-Motion concept, if launched in India will further help the company establish itself as a premium brand in the country.