- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology Week 21, 2019 launch roundup: Asus Zenfone 6, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S, Vivo Y3, Honor 20 Pro and more
- News Weather today: Pre-Monsoon rains likely for Bangaloreans for the next three days
- Movies Hina Khan Is Highest Paid Actress In Television? The Actress Has A Witty Answer!
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MG Motor has released teaser images of its first-ever full-size SUV, the X-Motion Concept. The SUV is set to make its world premiere at the upcoming Beijing International Motor Show.
The new SUV from MG Motor is set to launch the production version of the X-Motion concept in China by 2019. After which, it is expected to launch in other markets as well, including the UK and in Australia.
The X-Motion concept from MG Motor will showcase the fluidic and curvaceous design language for all future models from the company. The new SUV is also said to have taken inspiration from its E-Motion electric sports car concept showcased in the previous years.
The front fascia of the SUV features a large grille with 3D studs, flanked by the connected headlamps. The bonnet of the SUV receives a sculpted look with its sharp crease lines making the entire front section look masculine.
The new SUV has the same underpinnings as that of the Roewe RX8, which is another SAIC-owned brand. The RX8 from Roewe is sold only in China and gets a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 221bhp and 360Nm of torque, suggesting that the new MG SUV model could receive the same engine option as well.
We can expect the MG Motor to bring the new SUV to the Indian market as well. MG Motor will enter India as a premium brand, with its first SUV expected to launch sometime in mid-2019. The first SUV from MG Motor in India will likely take on the Jeep Compass and can be expected to have a premium pricing.
MG Motor India has been aggressive with its India plans. They recently invested Rs 5,000 crore in India, to be used for product development and marketing. They have also been conducting dealer roadshows in various cities across India over the past one month.
Thoughts On The MG Motor X-Motion Concept SUV
MG Motor is planning to enter India as a premium brand, without looking for mass-volume sales right from the start. The production version of the X-Motion concept, if launched in India will further help the company establish itself as a premium brand in the country.