- 16 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 17 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- News India can’t be refugee capital of India, Centre tells SC on NRC matter
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Technology Google To Boost Pixel 4 Smartphone Series With 6GB Of RAM
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
MG Motor has announced that the company will introduce an electric SUV in the Indian market by 2020. The electric SUV will be the second launch from MG Motor while the first product for the Indian market will be a C-segment SUV. MG Motor India will launch its first SUV in the second quarter of 2019.
Executive Director of SAIC Motor International Business, Michael Yang confirmed that MG will launch a globally competitive pure-electric SUV in India. He also said that the electric SUV will be a breakthrough chapter in the electric vehicle space in India.
President and Managing Director of MG Motor India, Rajeev Chaba said, "As part of our commitment to this market, we are fast ramping up all our pre-launch activities, beginning with product roadshows for consumers in India next month. This will be followed by various brand-awareness initiatives to get closer to our prospective customers."
He also added that all the MG products will be designed and engineered in UK and China. The vehicles will be heavily localised and will be built at the company's Halol facility. The MG products manufactured in India will meet the global standards and will be designed to suit the Indian road and driving conditions.
MG Motor has also stated that the current capacity of Halol manufacturing facility stands at 80,000 units per year and will be expanded to 2,00,000 units per year, depending on the demand.
MG Motor India is also in the process of finalising around 45 dealer partners to begin its sales in 2019. In the first phase, MG Motor India will have around 100 touch points across the country and will hire close to 1,500 employees by the end of 2019. Currently, MG Motor has hired 300 employees to start its India operations.
Thoughts On MG Motor Launching Electric SUV In India
The electric vehicles are said to be the future of mobility as the demand for conventional fuel is on the rise. Major automakers in the world are developing electric vehicles for the Indian market and MG Motor becomes the latest manufacturer to join the bandwagon. For more details, you can also read our detailed article on MG Motor's plans for the Indian market.