- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 13 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro has a weird display issue called phantom touches
- News Here is how NOTA performed in Delhi
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The W205 Mercedes C-Class facelift gets styling updates on both the exterior and the interior. The sedan also gets new engine options.
The top variant of the 2019 Mercedes C-Class gets a 48V ‘EQ Boost' system. The system regenerates kinetic energy and charges the battery only while decelerating without giving throttle. It also includes a belt-driven generator.
EQ Boost is not to be confused with a hybrid system. EQ Boost isn't capable of regenerative braking either. However, EQ Boost can still supply an additional 14bhp while accelerating.
The petrol Mercedes-Benz C200 gets a 1.5-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. It produces 184bhp and 280Nm. The engine is mated to the existing 9G-TRONIC gearbox. Mercedes-Benz is expected to introduce a diesel hybrid model soon. Reports suggest that it is capable of producing 121bhp and 440Nm.
The more sporty Mercedes-AMG C43 uses the same 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 engine, but gets larger turbos. Power now stands at 385bhp (23bhp more than before).
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class comes with halogen headlamps plus LED DRLs. But customers can opt for the better LED High Performance headlamps or the Multibeam LED headlights with Ultra Range High Beam units.
The C-Class can be equipped with the 12.3-inch infotainment display from the E-Class, as an option. The new C-Class also gets semi-autonomous features such as Active Lane Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist and Active Steering Assist. Mercedes's DISTRONIC feature uses satellite data to control the cruising speed.
The new C-Class gets an updated interior design, with silver elements. The car also gets new colour options for the interior, namely, Magma Grey, Black and Saddle Brown.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is a model which sells in India in high numbers. When the model arrives in India after its global launch, it will be offered in a diesel avatar. With the new styling and features, the C-Class is now getting closer to the flagship S-Class.