- 7 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 24 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Weather forecast: Dry weather in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru to witness pre-monsoon rains
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mercedes-Benz is currently said to be working on the new GLS SUV offering, which is expected to be unveiled later this year. The Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is based on the company's flagship S-Class sedan.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLS will borrow a wide range of technology and luxury features from the S-Class sedan. Among them, the prominent feature borrowed will be the autonomous driving technology.
The new GLS will get a similar design to the GLE, while the powertrain will be shared with the flagship model, the S-Class. The new upcoming version of the GLS receives major design changes, looking more muscular and appealing.
Mercedes will also implement its new aerodynamically efficient design language on its new GLS offering. While also sharing other components with the S-Class luxury sedan.
The sharing of technology and features between the sedan and the SUV, will continue to the inside as well. The new gen GLS will borrow most of its functions from the luxury sedan.
This includes the latest Distronic Active Proximity Control (DAPC) and Active Steer Assist Systems. This technology automatically accelerates or apply brakes to keep the SUV within the speed limits. This function though will be limited to just 30 seconds.
The new GLS model will come with a six and eight-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, six-cylinder turbo-diesel and a petrol-electric plug-in hybrid option as well. These engine options are similar to the one on the new S-Class.
Even the top-of-the-range AMG variant will borrow the 4.0-litre, twin-turbocharged V8 from the S63 AMG, capable of producing 620bhp.
The current Mercedes-Benz GLS uses a 3.0-litre, V6 engine for both the diesel and petrol variants. The Diesel engine produces 258bhp and 620Nm of torque, while the petrol engine churns out 333bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a 9G-Tronic Automatic Transmission.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-Benz GLS
The Mercedes-Benz GLS in India takes on rivals like the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5. The current generation GLS in India is priced at Rs 82.90 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).