- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 12 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mercedes-Benz has showcased a new revolutionary technology which allows their cars to communicate with the driver through its front headlamps. The new technology called, Digital Light projects words onto the road ahead, displaying messages and other alerts.
The technology was first showcased on the latest generation Mercedes-Maybach S-Class at the Geneva Motor Show, held earlier this year. The company states that the technology will soon make its way into certain cars in the near future.
Mercedes-Benz Digital Light Technology: How it works
Mercedes-Benz uses a set of high-quality projecting LED lights. These LED lights will have a chip with over a million micro-reflectors, that are able to project light in patterns.
However, the technology is not limited to just displaying words, but also illustrations. The Digital Light technology can also be used for navigation and other safety guides for the driver.
The technology is also linked to the car's cameras and sensors through a set of powerful computers. These computers further process the information and display arrows, lanes and other symbols to alert the driver.
The technology is also able to process low-grip surface signs, construction-site warnings, rear-end collision, blind-spot alerts, speed reminders and lane-keep alerts as well. The technology will also further be able to detect pedestrians and alert the driver through arrow light illustrations.
Ola Kallenius, Member, Board of Management, Daimler AG, stated, "With a resolution of over one million pixels per headlamp, Digital Light not only creates ideal light conditions for every driving situation; it also extends the visual support from our driving assistance systems."
Mercedes-Benz recently released a video showcasing the Digital Light Technology. The video showcased the Mercedes-Maybach S-Class displaying messages to unsuspecting pedestrians, through their new headlamp technology.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Digital Light Technology
The new ‘Digital Light' technology from Mercedes-Benz is a new revolutionary way forward to provide safety for drivers. The display of messages onto the road falls directly in the line of vision for the driver, thus keeping them alert at all times. However, for now, Mercedes-Benz will feature the new technology in only certain of its latest-generation products.