TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Mercedes-Benz BS-VI car launched in India, and it was the German luxury carmaker's flagship car, the S-Class. The Mercedes-Benz S 350d became the first BS-VI vehicle in India and is also the first ever 'Made in India, for India' BS-VI car from the company.
The BS-VI complaint vehicles are also compatible with BS-IV fuel, and it manages a drastic reduction in the NOx emissions level by 68 percent, while a substantial 82 percent will reduce the PM limit.
Mercedes-Benz BS VI Vehicle Highlights:
- Mercedes-Benz BS VI vehicles are compatible with BS IV fuel.
- New Mercedes-Benz S 350d and Mercedes-Maybach S 560 are ARAI certified for ‘Indian Crash Norm Compliant' vehicles.
- BS-VI tests on the Mercedes cars include Stringent emission testing (including Particulate numbers), engine power test, on-board-diagnosis test and real-world driving emission (RDE) data collection.
The Mercedes-Benz S 350d BS-VI complaint vehicle will be unveiled to the public at the Auto Expo 2018, while its commercial launch and pricing will be announced at a later date.
Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, who was there for the unveiling of the BS-VI Mercedes car, said that the introduction of the new fuel emission would reduce pollution drastically and help India move to better technologies employed globally and he urged Mercedes-Benz India to support the industry in implementing BS-VI technology in the country.
The Certificate of Compliance to the CMVR (Central Motor Vehicles Rule) for Mercedes-Benz India was presented by ARAI Director, Smt. Rashmi Urdhwareshe to Mr Roland Folger, MD & CEO, in the honourable presence of Shri Nitin Gadkari Ji, Minister of Road Transport Highways & Shipping and Water Resource, River Development, & Ganga Rejuvenation and Shri Abhay Damle Ji, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport Highways and other dignitaries.
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India stated, "We are glad to fulfil our commitment to the customers and to the Government's vision of ‘Make in India', by introducing the first ever ‘Made in India, for India' BS VI compliant vehicles. Mercedes-Benz vehicles are world-class products, and they comply with the most stringent emission standards, and the ARAI certified new BS VI vehicles reiterate this high benchmark."
"The introduction of India's first BS-VI vehicles for the Indian market is a significant milestone, and we strongly believe that this will pave the way for other manufacturers to introduce their BS-VI vehicles in India. This, we believe would also be beneficial for the end customer as they could use the latest technology available."
Thoughts On The Launch Of The Mercedes-Benz BS VI Car:
Mercedes-Benz India became the first manufacturer to introduce BS-VI compliant car in the country and is leading from the front for cleaner vehicles in India. These initiatives by global manufacturers will indeed prompt other global and domestic carmakers to launch BS-VI cars well ahead of its implementation by 2020.