- 7 min ago India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- 56 min ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 1 hr ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 3 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports India A vs South Africa A: 2nd Unofficial Test Preview: Focus on Shubman Gill
- Lifestyle 10 Wonderful Bridal Make-up Tips For Dry Skin
- Movies Oh Baby Arrives On Netflix: Samantha Akkineni Fans Say It Is Worth A Watch
- Technology Motorola E6s: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- News Rituals of the ‘Mahasasthi', 6th day of Durga puja
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mercedes-Benz India will be launching their latest G63 AMG in India on the 5th October 2018. The company first showcased the new G63 AMG, just before the Geneva Motor Show this year. The new Mercedes-AMG G63 AMG now comes with a host of updates and new equipment.
The 2018 G63 AMG uses a new aluminium body shell with a ladder frame chassis. This has helped increase the overall width of the SUV by 210mm while improving the rear legroom by 150mm.
The new Mercedes-AMG G63 also comes with an improved suspension setup compared to the previous generation. The new suspension setup also allows for a raised ground clearance of 241mm on the new G63 AMG model.
The new AMG G63 comes with a number of changes and updates to its exterior styling. However, it still maintains all the standard AMG design cues. This includes the 12 vertical slat front grille, deeper front bumper with a matte-silver skid plate, 21-inch alloy wheels with red brake callipers, flared wheel arches, LED lights all around and side-mounted exhausts that exit below the rear doors.
Inside, the Mercedes-AMG G63 features a completely redesigned dashboard. It features a host of new and updated features. Some of the standard features on the 2018 G63 AMG: widescreen cockpit with analogue instruments, redesigned front seats and a new rear bench. The SUV also comes with the optional digital instruments for the widescreen cockpit, with a 12.3-inch infotainment display.
The new 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo petrol engine. It replaces the older 5.5-litre V8 while producing 585bhp and 850Nm of peak torque. This translates to an increase in power output by 14bhp and 90Nm from the outgoing engine.
The 4.0-litre power unit is further mated to a new nine-speed automatic transmission. This sends power to all four wheels through Mercedes' $Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The SUV is capable of powering from 0 - 100km/h in just 4.5 seconds, which is faster than its predecessor by 0.9 seconds. The top speed of the 2018 G63 AMG has also increased to a limited 220km/h. However, Mercedes-Benz does offer a ‘Driver's Package' with upgraded wheels, tyres and an increased top speed limited to 240km/h.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG In India
Prices for the 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 for the Indian market is yet to be announced. The current outgoing model is priced at Rs 2.19 crore, ex-showroom (India). We can expect the new model to be priced at a slight premium. In India, the Mercedes-AMG G63 competes against the likes of the Range Rover Sport SVR.