- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 14 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News Despite drawing a blank in these states, Congress numbers rose compared to 2014
- Technology Vivo Z5x, most affordable punch hole display smartphone launched for Rs 14,500
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
When it comes to saloons, outright performance isn't always the main priority. A sedan is supposed to be comfortable, silent and smooth. But that's definitely not the case for the Mercedes-AMG E63 S. The saloon is fast, loud and comfortable.
Launched in India at Rs 1.5 crore ex-showroom (Delhi), here are some of the top things that make the Mercedes-AMG E63 S an insane sedan!
The Balanced Design
When it comes to an AMG, sportiness is given more importance. This applies to design too; evident from all the past generations of the Mercedes E63. In the case of the new W213 E63 AMG, the combination of Mercedes's ‘Sensual Purity' design language and lead designer, Gordon Wagener's lines have succeeded in giving the car a perfect blend of sportiness and elegance.
Even though the car is a performance machine, the exterior and interior design of the E63 reflects the traditional appeal of a Mercedes-Benz.
The Smaller Yet Mightier V8
Mercedes-Benz (and a lot of other manufacturers too) has chosen to downsize and turbocharge engines in the name of efficiency. The Mercedes Benz E63 AMG gets a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 engine with 612bhp and 850Nm of torque. This is mated to a 9-speed AMG Speedshift automatic gearbox.
*Previous E63 generations came in a larger 5.5-litre twin-turbocharged or a 6.2-litre naturally-aspirated V8.
The power is sent to all four wheels via Mercedes's 4Matic+ AWD system.
While the E63 S is predominantly an all-wheel-drive saloon, the Mercedes 4Matic+ system allows the car to be driven entirely as a rear-wheel-drive. This means that drifting and powersliding are easy tasks for the near two-tonne sedan.
Quicker Than The AMG GT R
The Mercedes-AMG GT R is the flagship supercar from the German brand. Dubbed as the ‘Beast Of The Green Hell', the AMG GT R was once the fastest car around the Nurburgring racetrack in Germany. In fact, the AMG GT R holds the record for the fastest production car to go around India's Buddh International Circuit (BIC), at a lap time of 2:09:58.
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S can hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.3 seconds. This is 0.1 seconds faster than the AMG GT R.
The AMG E63 S has a limited top speed of 250km/h. With the AMG Driver's Package, the top speed can be extended to 300km/h.
The Mercedes E63 AMG might not be a strong contender when it comes to fuel efficiency. To counter this, Mercedes-AMG has implemented cylinder deactivation in the system; a first for turbocharged AMG engines. In a partial-load driving condition (coasting), cylinders 2, 3, 4 and 8 are deactivated. This helps in improving fuel economy while also reducing emissions.
Safety, Technology & Luxury
In addition to all the performance capabilities of the E63 S, the sedan offers benchmarking levels of luxury and comfort. A lot of material choices are available for the interiors. The 12.3-inch dual displays (instrument console and infotainment) lets you control various functions which adjust the dynamics and comfort of the car.
Here are some of the top features offered in the 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S:
- Updated Mercedes-Benz COMAND system
- Burmester premium audio system
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- Heads-Up Display
- AMG-Performance seats
- Seat heating and cooling
- Almost 10 advanced driving aids
- Ambient lighting with 64 colour choices
- 9 airbags
- Soft-close doors
- Parking Assist
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-AMG E63 S
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S is nothing short of extreme. The performance carnival of the biturbo V8 and the practicality of a 5-door makes the 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S, a complete package. With the only direct rival being the 2018 BMW M5, the E63 S seems to be maddest and one of the best sedans available in the market right now.