TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Mercedes-Benz has released new images of the new four-door AMG GT coupe undergoing wind tunnel testing. The Mercedes-AMG GT teaser images reveal the coupe's aerodynamic qualities and the sedan's active aero rear spoiler performance in action. However, the teaser images show a camouflaged AMG GT, and we get a clear look at the exteriors such as the signature 'Panamericana' grille, the LED headlamps, and the sporty front bumper with a broad central air dam and larger intakes on either side.
The Mercedes-AMG GT debut is slated for the upcoming 2018 Geneva Motor Show when we get a better look at the production version. The profile of the car shows a low slung silhouette with a coupe-like sloping roofline. The AMG GT also comes with an active aero rear spoiler that contributes to optimum aerodynamic performance.
The four-door AMG GT Coupe is essentially a replacement to the CLS 63 in Mercedes' product line-up. The AMG GT Coupe is also the fourth model in the AMG GT family after the AMG GT S, AMG GT-R, and AMG GT Roadster. The AMG GT coupe is based on the new-gen Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan and is expected to borrow some of its styling cues and features, especially on the inside.
Mechanically, the Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe is powered by the same 4.0-liter bi-turbo V8 engine that also powers other AMG GT models, and will come in a different state of tune like the other AMG GT models.
While Mercedes has not revealed the power figures, which is expected to be announced at the unveiling in Geneva, it's suspected that Mercedes-AMG could add a plug-in hybrid variant in the future, which would come with a power output of over 800bhp.
DriveSpark Thoughts About The Mercedes-AMG GT Teaser Images
The teaser images of the Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe reveal the aerodynamic capabilities. Like the other AMG GT models, the AMG GT is expected to offer stiff competition to its rivals. Upon debut, the Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe will compete with the Porsche Panamera.