- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 14 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News NIA thwarts revival of Khalistan movement
- Technology Vivo Z5x, most affordable punch hole display smartphone launched for Rs 14,500
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster Unveiled: Mercedes-Benz has revealed the new 2018 AMG GT S Roadster. The mid-level Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster fits between the base AMG GT and the higher GT C roadsters; same as for the Coupe models. At the very top of the AMG GT line-up is the track-focussed Mercedes-AMG GT R.
The 2018 AMG GT S looks identical to its other siblings, with the signature AMG vertical-slat grille, a hood which spans the length of almost a small car and the smooth lines crafted by Gorden Wagener – Head of Design at Mercedes-Benz.
Unveiled in an eye-catching Solar Beam yellow finish, the AMG GT S Roadster gets all the visual traits from the higher GT C Roadster. The only ‘visual' difference comes in the form of the seats. While the GT C gets Nappa leather seats, the new GT S Roadster comes with Mercedes's Artico/Dinamica leather.
Coming to the specifications, the Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster is powered by a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 with 522bhp and 670Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT dual-clutch transmission.
The rear-wheel-drive soft-top convertible can sprint from zero to 100km/h in 3.8 seconds. Top speed is claimed to be 308km/h.
Also Read: The Most Powerful AMG In India.
The roadster rides on 265/35 R19 and 295/30 R20, front and rear tyres. The 10-spoke alloy wheels are familiar from the AMG GTS Coupe.
Inside, there are a lot of black, silver and chrome highlights. Customers can also replace these elements with optional gloss black or carbon-fibre trims.
The 2018 AMG GT S Roadster is equipped with the GT C's Adaptive Damping Control (AMG Ride Control). The new AMG GT varianthas five driving modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Race & Individual.
In addition to this, the car has an electronically-controlled rear differential.
The new GT S Roadster is actually the tenth AMG GT model from Mercedes-Benz. Below are the entire AMG GT variants in or about to enter production:
- GT Coupe/Roadster
- GT S Coupe/Roadster
- GT C Coupe/Roadster
- GT R
- GT 53*
- GT 63*
- GT 63 S*
*Upcoming four-door coupes.
The new Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster is expected to launch globally in July 2018. The German brand has not shared anything regarding its India debut.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster
The AMG GT lineup is one of the most popular supercar series in recent times. The top-of-the-line AMG GT R, otherwise known as The Beast Of The Green Hell, is an extremely-capable track weapon. It was once the fastest car around the Nürburgring racetrack in Germany. In fact, the AMG GT R is the fastest car to go around India's very own Buddh International Circuit (BIC).
The AMG GT S shares a lot of DNA with the GT R; making it one of the best topless V8 supercars available.