- 19 min ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 43 min ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 51 min ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 1 hr ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Kabir Singh Actor Shahid Kapoor Feels Nervous To Attend Film Functions After Long Break From Movies
- Sports CoA reign ends as Sourav Ganguly set to take over as 39th BCCI president
- News J&K: Army jawan martyred by terrorists in Naushera sector; encounter on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Technology Vodafone Offering 4G Smartphones At Rs. 799 Down Payment
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster Unveiled: Mercedes-Benz has revealed the new 2018 AMG GT S Roadster. The mid-level Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster fits between the base AMG GT and the higher GT C roadsters; same as for the Coupe models. At the very top of the AMG GT line-up is the track-focussed Mercedes-AMG GT R.
The 2018 AMG GT S looks identical to its other siblings, with the signature AMG vertical-slat grille, a hood which spans the length of almost a small car and the smooth lines crafted by Gorden Wagener – Head of Design at Mercedes-Benz.
Unveiled in an eye-catching Solar Beam yellow finish, the AMG GT S Roadster gets all the visual traits from the higher GT C Roadster. The only ‘visual' difference comes in the form of the seats. While the GT C gets Nappa leather seats, the new GT S Roadster comes with Mercedes's Artico/Dinamica leather.
Coming to the specifications, the Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster is powered by a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 with 522bhp and 670Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT dual-clutch transmission.
The rear-wheel-drive soft-top convertible can sprint from zero to 100km/h in 3.8 seconds. Top speed is claimed to be 308km/h.
Also Read: The Most Powerful AMG In India.
The roadster rides on 265/35 R19 and 295/30 R20, front and rear tyres. The 10-spoke alloy wheels are familiar from the AMG GTS Coupe.
Inside, there are a lot of black, silver and chrome highlights. Customers can also replace these elements with optional gloss black or carbon-fibre trims.
The 2018 AMG GT S Roadster is equipped with the GT C's Adaptive Damping Control (AMG Ride Control). The new AMG GT varianthas five driving modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Race & Individual.
In addition to this, the car has an electronically-controlled rear differential.
The new GT S Roadster is actually the tenth AMG GT model from Mercedes-Benz. Below are the entire AMG GT variants in or about to enter production:
- GT Coupe/Roadster
- GT S Coupe/Roadster
- GT C Coupe/Roadster
- GT R
- GT 53*
- GT 63*
- GT 63 S*
*Upcoming four-door coupes.
The new Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster is expected to launch globally in July 2018. The German brand has not shared anything regarding its India debut.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster
The AMG GT lineup is one of the most popular supercar series in recent times. The top-of-the-line AMG GT R, otherwise known as The Beast Of The Green Hell, is an extremely-capable track weapon. It was once the fastest car around the Nürburgring racetrack in Germany. In fact, the AMG GT R is the fastest car to go around India's very own Buddh International Circuit (BIC).
The AMG GT S shares a lot of DNA with the GT R; making it one of the best topless V8 supercars available.