TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Mercedes-Benz India has announced the launch of its new AMG E63 S 4MATIC+ in the country on 4th May. The new AMG sedan is said to be the most powerful E Class ever to be made.
The new Mercedes-AMG E63S 4MATIC+ is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 Biturbo engine producing 612bhp and 850Nm of torque mated to an AMG SPEEDSHIFT nine-speed sports transmission, powering all four wheels.
The engine uses twin-scroll turbochargers placed between the cylinder heads which improves performance and reduces turbo lag. The engine also comes with cylinder deactivation technology which shuts down half the cylinders at slow speeds, further improving fuel efficiency.
The vehicle accelerates to 0 - 100km/h in 3.4 seconds from a standstill, while reaching a top speed of 250km/h (electronically limited). There is also an optional ‘AMG driver's package' available which increase the top speed to a further 300km/h.
The E63 S AMG retains the same character lines and design of the E-Class Sedan, yet comes with certain changes which help it stand apart on its own.
The exterior of the sedan features a single slat grille, new front bumper with large air intakes, wider wheel arches housing the 20-inch matte black AMG wheels and a sporty exhaust setup at the rear.
The interiors of the AMG sedan receives an exclusive sporty character, with a windscreen cockpit, AMG performance steering wheel with aluminium paddle shifters and sports seats with optimised lateral support wrapped in Nappa Leather.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-AMG E63 S 4MATIC+
The new E63 S directly rivals the likes of the BMW M5. Prices of the sedan have not yet been revealed but are expected to be around the Rs 1 crore ex-showroom range.
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S hopes to appeal to a lot of car enthusiasts looking for a powerful sedan which can be taken out on a race track, while also being equally rewarding as a daily driver.