TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
McLaren Senna 'Carbon Theme' edition revealed ahead of 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The special edition is made under McLaren's MSO division. The design is inspired by legendary Formula One racer Ayrton Senna's helmet, which had yellow, green and black details.
No changes have been made to the engine. The original McLaren Senna was revealed in December 2017 and costs 750,000 GBP or Rs 6.75 crore. The MSO treatment on the Senna Carbon upped the price by almost Rs 3.5 crore.
The McLaren Senna, like the ‘regular' Senna, is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8, putting out 789bhp and 800Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.
The Senna Carbon gets exclusive 7-spoke wheels, made out of carbon fibre and Aluminium. The wheels are 10 percent lighter than the standard ones. The wheels have different-coloured wheel nuts on either side of the car.
67 individual pieces make the McLaren Senna Carbon's body panel. It takes 1000 hours to producethem. The yellow detailing on the car takes another 250 hours. Yet another 300 hours is needed for the assembly.
The interior of McLaren Senna Carbon has a lot of exposed carbon fibre. The ‘Solar Yellow' and ‘Laurel Green' accents are present inside the car as well. Other than that, it is identical to the regular Senna.
The carbon fibre bucket seats are hollow. They are placed perfectly in the ‘Monocage III' carbon fibre tub. There is also a touring seat package for those wanting more comfort.
Click here for more details about the McLaren Senna!
Thoughts On The McLaren Senna Carbon Theme
The McLaren Senna is one of the most advanced track-oriented hypercars out there. With the Carbon Theme and the extra weight sheddings, the car can perform even more. The McLaren Senna Carbon is a good example of what the team at McLaren Special Operations division is capable of.