- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Nirmal Kaur, Milkha Singh's wife, dies due to COVID-19 complications
- Sports Big challenge coming up: Tom Latham on WTC final against India
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Spotting a supercar in India is not very rare anymore, however, there are a few brands that are ultra rare in the country. McLaren is one of those brands that had always evaded Indian roads until Ranjit Sundaramurthy decided to bring in his McLaren 720S.
It was the first car from the British manufacturer to reach Indian shores, but it wasn't going to stay here for long. The Memphis Red Mclaren 720S was brought in through carnet and a few months later taken back to Dubai.
There was another McLaren 720S that was brought to Mumbai, but that too wore Dubai registration plates and was in India only for a limited period. Now though, McLaren fans can rejoice.
There is another McLaren 720S in India, this time in Pune, Maharashtra, and this one is here to stay. This will be the first McLaren 720S to be registered in India. The prized possession was brought in as a private import by well-known car collector Adar Poonawalla.
It would be sharing its garage space with other supercars like a Ferrari F12, Ferrari F360, Bentley Mulsanne, Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Nissan GT-R, etc. The colour and specs on this McLaren 720S makes it look classy and elegant while still giving a raw feel to it.
The black paint does help in hiding the headlamp and tail-lamp assemblies housings which by default are black in colour irrespective of body shades. The silver five-twin-spoke alloy wheels further help in making the car look better.
The best part of owning a supercar like this is that, almost everything is customisable. However, Adar Poonawalla has done a good job at keeping the car classy with black body colour and silver wheels.
The McLaren 720 is powered by a twin-turbo, 4.0-litre V8 engine with a power output of 710bhp and a peak torque output of 770Nm. The rear wheels are driven via a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
Performance figures, as expected are blistering. 0-100km/h is done with in just 2.8 seconds, and 0-200 km/h is done in just 7.1 seconds. The supercar manufactured in Woking, England will continue to accelerate to over 300km/h effortlessly and touch its top speed of 341km/h.
The car is equipped with active aerodynamics and other top spec safety features that make it one of the safest and fastest cars in the world. This variant is the top-spec Performance variant and comes equipped with carbon fibre trim like air intakes, rear view mirrors, etc.
Thoughts On The First McLaren Registered In India
It is great to see supercar owners taking their passion to the next level and importing the cars into India. This allows enthusiasts to have a good look at ultra rare cars. However, there might be a problem with servicing the car in India, but it is possible that service engineers from McLaren might fly down just to service the car.