TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
British supercar manufacturer McLaren is developing a new hypercar codenamed as BP23. Now, more details of the new supercar have been revealed. The McLaren Hyper-GT will be the fastest McLaren ever built and will surpass the top speed of the legendary McLaren F1. The BP23 Hyper-GT will be able to achieve a top speed of over 391km/h.
Speaking at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, CEO of McLaren Automotive, Mike Flewitt revealed more details about the latest hypercar. McLaren has already revealed the prototype model of the BP23, and it features centrally-mounted steering wheel inspired by the F1.
The production of the McLaren Hyper-GT will be limited to just 106 units, and all the units were sold out even before the official announcement made in November 2016. The production will commence by the end of 2019.
Each McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT will be personalised as per owners requirement by McLaren Special Operations (MSO), The McLaren Hyper-GT will follow the same central driving configuration as the F1 and will be equipped with an electric-hybrid powertrain.
The McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT is likely to draw power from the existing 4-litre twin-turbo V8 engine coupled to a hybrid system. The combined output is expected to be around 1,000bhp. McLaren is yet to reveal the detailed specifications of the new hypercar.
The McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT will have a different name as opposed to the alphanumeric naming system used by the McLaren Sports Series and Super Series. The official name, power figures and the top speed is likely to be revealed later this year.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT
The McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT will be the fastest McLaren and it will exceed the top speed of 391km/h and will be faster than the McLaren F1. The new hypercar will follow the same central driving position as the F1. We expect McLaren to reveal the BP23 Hyper-GT in 2018. The car is priced at £1.6million (approximately Rs 14.41 crore) before taxes.