- 24 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The first McLaren 570S in India has landed in the capital city. Finished in a gorgeous McLaren Orange shade, the 570S is the fourth car from the brand to visit India and the second model to stay in India. Though McLaren has not officially started operations in India, we hope they would consider doing so in the near future.
The images shared by Automobili Ardent on Instagram shows the car at undisclosed locations around Delhi. The car will soon wear ‘DL' number plates.
The 570S you see here rides on seven-spoke alloy wheels which do not come as standard. The brake callipers are finished in the same McLaren Orange shade. The car seems to have the stock exhaust system, complete with chrome muffler tips. The 570S can also be opted with a black or carbon fibre roof, in addition to the various styling packs available.
The third image shows the front of the car with its doors up. Though the interior details are unclear, we believe that the owner has opted an Almond White seat finish against a contrasting Jet Black theme.
Buyers are also given endless opportunities to customise their car through the brand's customisation department – MSO (McLaren Special Operations). The customisation options range from the paint to carbon fibre to even functional aerodynamic components.
The McLaren 570S belongs to the base Sports Series segment in the British brand's portfolio. The series also includes the McLaren 570C, 570S Spyder and the 570GT.
MP4-12C (Coupe & Spyder)
650S (Coupe & Spyder)
675LT (Coupe & Spyder)
Though the 570S belongs to the ‘lesser' Sports Series, it is a supercar in all essence. The car has a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 that makes 562bhp and 601Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that drives the rear wheels.
The V8 engine is so capable and adaptable that some tuners have managed to extract around 1000bhp from it (of course, with related upgrades to the turbos and other components).
As mentioned earlier, this is not the first McLaren to set foot in India. The first one was a 720S which belonged to a businessman in Bangalore. Finished in Memphis Red, the car was a limited-period import and is now in Dubai.
The second McLaren is also a short-time import 720S sporting Dubai number plates. The car, finished in Glacier White, roams through the streets of Mumbai.
Quite interestingly, the third McLaren is also a 720S and is the first right-hand-drive example of the car to come to India. But unlike the ones above, this black (Onyx Black, supposedly) McLaren has found its permanent residence in Pune.
Thoughts On India's First McLaren 570S
The latest McLaren, being the fourth model to come to Indian shores, proves the interest towards the brand in the country. Since McLaren doesn't have operations in India, these cars would have cost a lot to import. In addition to this, the owners are left with two choices to maintain these cars: taking the car to a reputed supercar specialist in India, or flying down a McLaren mechanic to their residence.
As for the price of the car, we expect the 570S to have cost around Rs 4 crore including taxes while the 720S models might've cost around Rs 6 to 7 crore, depending on options.