- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 6 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 6 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 8 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- News Mohamed Morsi, ousted Egyptian President, dies during trial
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The new-gen WagonR hatchback is already available in the Japanese market. The Japanese-spec hatchback comes with a small 660cc engine and is part of the Kei Car category.
Internationally, the new WagonR is in its sixth generation. However, the new WagonR once launched in India, will be the fourth-generation iteration to enter the local market. Maruti Suzuki did not introduce the third and fifth-generation of the hatchback in India.
For the Indian market, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki WagonR is expected to feature the 1.0-litre K10 series petrol engine. The engine is already seen in other Indian models such as the Alto and the Celerio.
The current generation model sold in India, offers a CNG variant as well. Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm, whether the new model will also offer a CNG variant as well.
According to reports, the new WagonR hatchback will get only the petrol engine, considering that the 1.3-litre diesel would be too big for the small hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has been one of the most-popular hatchback offerings, both in the Indian and international markets.
The new WagonR is expected to come with a host of new features and equipment. This includes dual-airbags, ABS, updated infotainment system (possibly a touchscreen unit), LED projector headlamps and LED DRL.
The new Maruti Suzuki WagonR is also expected to be based on a new platform, to help it pass through all crash regulations for 2019.
Maruti Suzuki is also planning to launch the electric WagonR in India by 2020. The first prototype of the electric WagonR was showcased recently at the ongoing Move Summit in New Delhi. The company has also announced the start of road testing of electric vehicles in India, beginning next month.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki WagonR
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR is one of the most-popular hatchback offerings in the country. The company has sold millions of the WagonR model in India. Maruti Suzuki also celebrated the 25th anniversary of the WagonR last week.
The new-generation WagonR once launched in India, will rival the likes of the upcoming Hyundai Santro (codenamed AH2) and the Tata Tiago.