TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
India's leading passenger vehicle maker Maruti Suzuki is offering the taxi variant of the Alto hatchback named as the Tour H1. Now, IAB has got hold of the brochure of the Maruti Tour H1 (Alto 800 Taxi) which reveals the variants and features of the new taxi offering from the Indian manufacturer.
On the design front, the Maruti Tour H1 features black bumpers, black ORVMs and black door handle. The taxi variant of the Maruti Alto 800 is equipped with steel wheels and will be offered in three colours: Superior White, Silky Silver, and Midnight Black.
The Maruti Tour H1 comes with only essential features such as air conditioning with heater, manual climate control, manually operated ORVMs, power steering, front power windows and remote fuel lid and boot opener. On the safety front, the Tour H1 gets driver side airbag as an optional feature.
The taxi version of the Maruti Alto draws power from the same 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 47bhp and 69Nm of torque. The engine is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The brochure reveals that there will be only one petrol variant with a claimed mileage of 23.95kpl.
A CNG variant of the Maruti Tour H1 is expected to be introduced at a later phase. The CNG version of the taxi will deliver a slightly lower power output of 40bhp and 60Nm of torque. The taxi variant of the Alto 800 also comes equipped with a speed governor that limits the top speed to 80km/h.
Currently, the taxi range or the Maruti Suzuki Tour range includes four models: Tour H1 (Maruti Alto 800), Tour H2 (Maruti Celerio), Tour V (Maruti Eeco) and Tour S (Maruti Dzire). The currently sold Maruti Ertiga is also expected to be offered as a taxi variant with the introduction of the facelifted Ertiga.
Thoughts On The Maruti Tour H1 (Alto Taxi)
Maruti Suzuki has been a leading player in the taxi car segment with the Dzire. Now, the company has expanded its product portfolio with the inclusion of new models. The Alto taxi or the Tour H1 will be a budget offering targeted towards the taxi buyers and fleet owners. With its low maintenance and good mileage, the Tour H1 will be a popular model among the taxi operators.