- 7 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 8 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
For the first time, an Indian car manufacturer has been listed in the global top 10 brand chart in the automotive sector. India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki has been rated as the ninth most valuable brand in the world.
According to a survey conducted by BrandZ, Maruti Suzuki is the only Indian automaker in the top 10 list. The company is rated even higher than Volkswagen which comes in at the 10th spot. The Indian car manufacturer is valued at USD 6,375 Billion, while Volkswagen is at USD 5,986 Billion.
According to BrandZ, the Indian company's NEXA chain of dealerships is the main reason for Maruti Suzuki to be in the list. Nexa, according to BrandZ, provides a sense of luxury without the price tag.
The Vitara Brezza offering from Maruti Suzuki also helped boost the company higher in the table. The presence of an SUV offering in their product line-up, helped Maruti to ride the SUV wave present in the global market.
The top spot on the table was taken by Toyota for 2018. This is the sixth consecutive year Japanese carmaker has been on the top of the list. The company is valued at USD 29,987 Billion, with a five percent increase from the previous year.
The second and third spot is taken by two competing German brands, Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Mercedes-Benz is valued at USD 25,684 Billion, registering a nine percent growth. While BMW, which registered a growth of four percent, is valued at USD 25,624 Billion.
Electric car manufacturer, Tesla also featured on the top 10 list at eighth position, just above Maruti Suzuki. Tesla, valued at USD 9,415 Billion, managed to register a 60 percent growth in the past one year.
Other car manufacturers in the list include Ford, Honda, Nissan and Audi, in the stated order between 4th and 7th place.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki In World's Top 10 Car Brand List
This is the first time an Indian company has been in the top 10 list. The list shows the huge success the company has received over the past one year. Maruti Suzuki offers a range of products in the Indian market.