TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
For the first time, an Indian car manufacturer has been listed in the global top 10 brand chart in the automotive sector. India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki has been rated as the ninth most valuable brand in the world.
According to a survey conducted by BrandZ, Maruti Suzuki is the only Indian automaker in the top 10 list. The company is rated even higher than Volkswagen which comes in at the 10th spot. The Indian car manufacturer is valued at USD 6,375 Billion, while Volkswagen is at USD 5,986 Billion.
According to BrandZ, the Indian company's NEXA chain of dealerships is the main reason for Maruti Suzuki to be in the list. Nexa, according to BrandZ, provides a sense of luxury without the price tag.
The Vitara Brezza offering from Maruti Suzuki also helped boost the company higher in the table. The presence of an SUV offering in their product line-up, helped Maruti to ride the SUV wave present in the global market.
The top spot on the table was taken by Toyota for 2018. This is the sixth consecutive year Japanese carmaker has been on the top of the list. The company is valued at USD 29,987 Billion, with a five percent increase from the previous year.
The second and third spot is taken by two competing German brands, Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Mercedes-Benz is valued at USD 25,684 Billion, registering a nine percent growth. While BMW, which registered a growth of four percent, is valued at USD 25,624 Billion.
Electric car manufacturer, Tesla also featured on the top 10 list at eighth position, just above Maruti Suzuki. Tesla, valued at USD 9,415 Billion, managed to register a 60 percent growth in the past one year.
Other car manufacturers in the list include Ford, Honda, Nissan and Audi, in the stated order between 4th and 7th place.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki In World's Top 10 Car Brand List
This is the first time an Indian company has been in the top 10 list. The list shows the huge success the company has received over the past one year. Maruti Suzuki offers a range of products in the Indian market.