TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
India's leading automaker Maruti Suzuki is known for its affordable small cars such as the Alto, Celerio and WagonR. Now, LiveMint reports that Maruti Suzuki is working on a new small car and it will be launched in the Indian market in 2020.
Maruti Suzuki has internally codenamed the new small car as Maruti Y1K and the report states that the new offering from the company will be slotted between the Maruti Alto and WagonR. The new small car is likely to be the Maruti Future-S Concept which was showcased at the Auto Expo 2018.
The upcoming small car from Maruti is expected to feature a crossover design with a flat bonnet similar to the concept model. The new car is said to feature an increased ground clearance as compared to the Maruti Alto. The new small car could be Maruti's entry-level crossover.
The Maruti Y1K is said to replace the Alto K10, and it is expected to be powered by the same 1-litre petrol engine. Transmission options will include a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and Maruti might also offer an AMT gearbox as well.
The new small car from Maruti will comply with the new crash test regulations and will be equipped with all the essential safety features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD and much more. With the Y1K, Maruti Suzuki will aim to challenge the dominance of Renault Kwid in the entry-level hatchback segment.
The engineers at Maruti Suzuki are expecting to test the prototype of the Y1K by 2020 and the production version of the car will be launched in the same year. The previous reports suggest that upcoming small car will revive the popular Zen moniker. Maruti Suzuki is yet to confirm this development.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Small Car
Maruti Suzuki is known for its affordable and feature-rich cars and the upcoming small car is expected to be no different. The Maruti Y1K will be slotted above the Alto 800 and it will be interesting to see how Maruti will go with the pricing of the car. The Maruti Y1K will be pitted against the Renault Kwid.